Skip to main content

I Dream of Pasta: A Sweet Goodbye~



I had a dream last night, and it was horrible! Never in my life have I had such a dream where I woke up with vomit in my mouth and tears of fear in my eyes. It was all so real, but I couldn't turn away... It wouldn't let me. The smell, the feeling of fear, the sick and twisted scenery... I had been to a very dark place in my mind. Who would have thought I was capable of such thoughts? It frightened me, and I felt as if I was a small child again who wanted to run to mommy's room. I just lay there... Just staring at the wall and waiting. For what?

My mind wanted to replay the unsettling experience, but I was hesitant. But I knew that deep down if I wanted to win this night and drown the darkness with the light I'd have to remember. I MUST close my eyes again.

I remember that I was with this woman who was looking for someone that had abducted and probably killed her son. I felt bad for her and decided to lend a hand on the search. I couldn't just leave her there alone to cry. I would feel like a terrible person. I walked with the woman and held her hand and we walked to what looked like the mouth of a cave. "In there." She said as I looked up at her. I felt a calling. The call came from within the cave. It wanted us. Me being brave and thinking about the child I went first and the woman followed behind me. We walked down the long and winding cavern tunnels until we saw what looked like light from a dim fire at the end of the path. It opened up to a room filled with corpses of children.

I jumped back with my hand covering me eyes, yet still staring at them in horror through the cracks in my fingers. The woman was terrified as well, but she got in front of me. There were so many children, and all of them dead... Who would do something so awful? The place even smelled! It smelled of feces and blood! The horror! Suddenly we heard a little girl...We looked over to see a small bald and bruised girl on a wooden table. I ran over to her and looked at her. I grabbed her and thought to myself, "I'm gonna get the hell out of here! Screw staying here waiting for the prep! I need to grab the child and run!"

For some reason I found myself leaving the little girl and hiding under another table with a long, light beige colored cloth. I couldn't control my own actions and I knew that the darkness was coming! The woman looked down at the girl and talked to her in a loving way like a mother to a child. I wished and begged for a miracle to happen. I wanted them to get out of there! Why weren't they hiding with me? Why were they acting so stupid! Didn't they hear him coming?!

Suddenly he came. Her son with a pickaxe by his side. I was shocked to see this! He looked around 11-13, but he was probably around 5'4 or so. He came behind his own mother and pushed her to the hard stone ground. What was going to happen now? The boy looked at the hurt girl and grabbed her face with his hand...He picked her up by it and then said, "I'll deal with you later." He then lifted the pickaxe and hit his mother's head with it over and over again! I wanted to turn away. It was making me sick. There was screaming and I saw a good close up of the wound. As he continued to pierce his mother's head, blood flew all over the cloth I was under. I must have been close because it smelled awful and the blood began dripping on the cold, dense floor and it began hitting my legs, working up to the rest of me.

I couldn't do anything. I had seen more than I wanted to see. Vomit filled my mouth as the smell of death made itself even more known through out the room. I was all wet with that woman's blood. No matter how much I tried to wipe it off it only smelled worse and made me even more weak with fear. I could make no noise, no sudden movements, I couldn't even run away. I was frozen in fear. I had witnessed a painfully, dramatic, and ironic ending to a woman who gave it her all to chase down the very man who had taken her son to finding out that her son was behind all of this.

"Mom..." He said under his breath one last time, "Goodbye..." I could hear him begin to choke with tears.

I woke up in a cold sweat with the taste of vomit still in my mouth. What was that?! I had never dreamed of something so graphic and evil as that before!

It was his goodbye, his sadistically, and maybe even to him, "sweet" goodbye.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets