Skip to main content

I Dream of Pasta: Clowny



My name is Donna and I am 17 years old, turning 18 in November 2012. I am homeless and have no job. I'm using a public free Wi-Fi connection to write this. I don't go to school any more, but I used to go to a well-known girls only school in Melbourne in Australia. I used to be popular when I went to school, but I have no friends left. My boyfriend left me. My family was murdered.

All I want to do is share my story with you. I'm not looking for sympathy, as it won't get me anywhere.

It all started when two years ago, when I was 15 and about to turn 16. My life was never perfect, but I was happy and that's all that mattered. I had a lot of good friends and a boyfriend, who I really liked at the time.

I got a missed call one day, from a private number while I was in school. Of course, I didn't think much of it at the time. I didn't know about Clowny or Clownface or whatever he's called, so I just ignored it. Besides, I was in class and the teacher would've taken my phone if I answered.

Exactly three days later, I got another call from a private number, on my way home from school. I usually don't take calls from private numbers, so I ignored it. But I kept getting calls over and over again from what I guessed was the same private number. So I picked up and instead of saying hello, I said some mean stuff over the phone.

Something like, "What the f***, why are you f***ing calling me again and again." I expected an angry response, but instead I heard nothing. For a while that is. A few seconds later, I heard the worst sound you will ever hear in your life. It was a hideous, horrible laughter. The moment I heard it, I had this feeling. This sick feeling. It was unbearable. The most massive shudder went up my spine and I actually physically shook. I turned the phone off straight after, thinking it was a prank call.

But week after week, the same thing happened, over and over again. I got the same call every three days and I would listen to the same laughter over and over again. The first time, the laughter hadn't been very clear, but it got clearer and clearer with each call.

I tried to tell my boyfriend, but he wouldn't listen. He shrugged it off at first and we laughed about it like all couples do. But later, he started to doubt that I was telling the truth and said I should see the doctor. I knew I wasn't making things up, I had always been intelligent, popular and athletic and there was nothing wrong with me.

Still, I saw the doctor. She didn't believe me either.

The only person who sort of believed me was my sister. Deep down, I could tell she was skeptical, but she always tried to comfort me.

Then one day, it happened. I'll never ever forget that day. I was walking towards the train station with my boyfriend, with his arm around my shoulder. I got another call. He told me to put it on loudspeaker and I did. First, I got the same laughter as usual, except much clearer. Finally, at the end, the voice said "Hello David," and the line was disconnected.

David was my boyfriend's name. He totally freaked out. To think, he always used to act all tough in school, he was strong and athletic, and now, when it actually mattered, I realized what a coward he was. He left me right there on the spot. His exact words were, "I don't want anything to do with this bullshit." He pushed me away and left.

I took the train and ran home from the nearest station crying my heart out. It was Friday, cold as f**k and raining. There was nobody in my house when I got home, except probably my sister. I cried and cried and cried.

Then I got another call, about half an hour later.

I knew it was the same laughing voice. I yelled at the phone, "WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME!?" It said, "Hi Donna. Turn around."

I turned around and saw the scariest thing ever. It was my sister. It was my sister's body, but the face was someone else's. It was a clown's face on my sister's body. And it was smiling the biggest smile ever. Not an evil smile, just a normal happy smile. But the fact that it was happy is what was so evil about it.

So my sister was staring at me, with a clown face and a smile and a knife in her hand, coated with blood. I looked at the floor and saw blood spilling into my room from the hallway. I screamed, and I tried to run away but it grabbed me and smiled at me. It stabbed me in the leg and put a bag over my head. I could sort of see through the bag and I could tell it was about to kill me.

I thought I was a goner. But just then, I heard my mother screaming, "Donna, run!" She jumped onto my sister/clown and I ran. I saw my dad and dog lying dead in the hallway and I heard my mother scream. I looked behind me and the sister/clown was running after me with impossible speed. He was literally like a horse, he was running so fast. I screamed and its face was right up mine and I tripped and fell down and passed out.

All I remember since is dreaming and a voice saying, "I will be back Donna... I will be back." I woke up to see my house burnt to crisps. What happened next is not relevant. I have never seen Clowny since and I live in constant fear. I found a picture on the internet that is what I remember it looked like, which I have posted below. Please help me! I will do anything, just please help me! Please!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets