Skip to main content

I Dream of Pasta: Coincidence



NOTICE: This story happened to a friend, not me. This is written in her point of view.

I remember when I was eleven I had just fallen asleep to have a very strange dream…

My mom was walking down Aisle 8 in Wal-Mart, talking on her cell phone. I was watching her from the end of the aisle. Suddenly, a man was heard running down the store. His shoes could be heard screeching to a stop at the end of the aisle mom was walking down. He looked terrifying, like a nervous psycho, running from the police. He took out a pistol and pointed it at my mom, then yelled, “If you take one step closer, I shoot!”

They couldn’t see her, and thought he was just bluffing. But to be sure, they called backup to go to the end and check the aisle. Mom was crying so hard. The burglar thought they called the police, and shot her. From the cell phone she had, I could hear crying and yelling.


I woke up crying and sweating. It was extremely late, as I went to bed at about 3:00 am. I looked at the clock and it was 1:00. I ran downstairs and called Mom right away. Thank God that she picked up.

“Mom?! Are you okay?!” I quickly blurt out.

“Of course, sweetie. Is something wrong?” my mom replied.

I smiled and calmed down, “Yeah. I’m fine. Just a bad dream.”

“Ok, honey.” She responded cheerfully.

I was about to say ‘bye’ and hang up, when a thought suddenly occurred to me.

“Mom, where are you?” I asked.

“I’m at Wal-Mart.” She replied.

There was a silence. “What aisle?” I quickly questioned.

“Hun, is something wrong? I’m in the CD aisle, Aisle 8.” She stated.

“Are you walking by an 80’s CD?” I remembered.

Another silence, “How did you know that?”

A strike of panic hit me quickly, “Mom, get out of the store. Now.” I demanded.

“Honey, what’s this about?” she questioned.

“GO!!!” I yelled.

I could hear the faint noise of a man running. “Hurry up!” I yelled.

My mom ran out of the store, only to notice the police rushing everyone out, as a murderer they had been looking for was just found hiding in the store. She quickly drove home and bust in the door to see me anxiously waiting there. I still remember, the first thing she said to me as she came in, “How did you know?!”

I smiled through tears and hugged her. “God told me.”

I later explained the dream to her, she was shocked, but she believed me. Let this be a lesson to you, trust your dreams. Sometimes it’s not just a coincidence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets