Skip to main content

ENCHANTI/AIMLESS - Zaigar vs Oliver

Running From A Nightmare

Zaigar found herself standing at the edge of a cliff. She was surrounded by the dark toxic mists of this god forsaken land she was born in and there was nowhere else to go and nowhere else to hide.

She was trapped. Trapped like a prey she often hunted.

Out of the blue, someone emerged from the mists. He had those striking blue eyes and golden blonde hair. Standing tall at 7 feet 6, his body was glowing a fiery red and his eyes were glaring menacingly at her with a vengeance. Both his throat, wrists and ankles were dripping with blood.

It was Ormack. Ormack the Eldritch.

Her love. Her best friend.

"You killed me, Zaigar. You killed me..." His raspy voice echoed throughout the cliff. Zaigar suddenly felt her old scar burning with new pain. She doubled over and cried.

"You deserve to die! You betrayed my love! You betrayed our friendship! You rather believe someone's lies than your best friend's truth! You deserve to die!"

"You killed me...You will pay..."

"I loved you, and yet you tried to kill me! You don't deserve to live! You should die! Go away! Go to hell! Just LEAVE ME ALONE~!!!"

What she didn't realize was that Ormack had already reached his hands over to her and pushed her down, falling and falling and falling deeper to the depths of the cliff below...

*

Zaigar woke up with a start. She almost lost her footing. She grabbed the nearest most solid roof tile she could reach and held on, while spreading her wings to let herself stay in the midair. She heaved a silent sigh and climbed back up the roof of the tower she was napping on. As she massaged her temples, she muttered wearily to herself.

"Ormack...Why can't you just leave me alone...? Just...die..."

“God...it’s too early for this...” Oliver yawned out as he trudged along the high-rise.

Oliver was searching for vampires. His search for vampires had brought him to the high rise as he hoped to find an allusive and powerful vampire, Morgana. She though not physically powerful held an uncanny ability to scale, stick to, and hang from sheer faces of almost any surface.

Oliver, who had been searching all morning, almost made the decision to give up when something caught his eye. It was a girl but not a normal woman, a half-breed.

“Well it can’t hurt to try.” Oliver thought as he hopped up to the place where the Half-breed had steadied her self.

"You seemed troubled.” He said calmly as he leaned against a great support of the high-rise. “I’ve an open ear and an open day if you wish to talk.” He finished. Oliver loved to talk for in words he found a skill much greater than physical prowess.

Zaigar was almost caught offguard. Waking up from sleep proved to be her weakest moment because whenever she awakes from a nightmare, her brain would stop functioning for a minute or so and that would be her most vulnerable time.

She quickly brandished her dagger and aimed it at the throat of the person who greeted her, and without warning, made him bleed a little. As soon as he backed away in horror was then Zaigar realized what she had done. She pocketed the dagger and look at him as if nothing happened, saying coldly, "My affairs are none of your concern. Leave me."

Though deep inside she really wanted to let it all out...

“Heh... you mustn’t keep all of you emotions to your self, you’ll just explode in a murderous rage...” Oliver said wiping his throat. It wouldn’t matter a bit though... maybe a stake to the heart or silver but not a common knife.

“I’m a vampire...as you can see...more or less a reluctant vampire... I only eat when I have to...not that I’m a saint mind you” he finished taking a seat only a few feet from her. Any other day Oliver would have tried to seduce her. Today though he was interested, she was different she intrigued him.

He looked up at her and sighed “Tell me your story...you obviously want to...” he finished as he closed his eyes, he’d not slept all day.

Zaigar remained silent. She would never open up to anyone unless she really, REALLY trusted that person. Here she was looking at the vampire whom she met just a few minutes asking her to pour out her deepest, darkest secrets, as if he had known her for years. Never! She would never reveal herself. She was not a weakling. She's a hunter. A hunter with pride.

"It seems that you prefer to slumber more than listen to my woes," Zaigar replied. "You might as well enjoy your sleep and be grateful I've spared your life."

Seeing that she had received no response from the vampire, it was obvious that he had slept, and obvious that he hadn't eaten for a while, judging by the pale look on his face. Vampire. The creature of the night. A being that sucks the lifeforce out of the living and make it their own. One who would kill and leave the victim a walking corpse. She crawled silently towards the vampire and continued to stare. He seemed almost like a pretty boy. A little skinny, but pretty handsome nonetheless, with his chocolate hair and everything.

'He must've been very young before he's like this,' Zaigar thought to herself. 'How old was he? 18? 19? Who knows. Such a young age to die...'

Death. Zaigar had thought of that for a while. Maybe once too often. Sometimes she wished that the thief had never saved her from the river she was thrown into. Then she would've just died in peace and she would never have to bear the vengeance that led her to kill Ormack and she would never have to bear the pain and guilt she was feeling right now in the aftermath. She had caused so much death later in the years as a hunter, both to the animals that she hunted and the people that have offended her. Sometimes she did that just because she wanted that person to come overand kill her for revenge. But no matter what she did, when the vengeful person or friend or family member who wants to avenge their significant other's death, she held her ground and fought to save her life and to stay alive. It's a mixed feeling. She wanted to die yet lack the courage to allow it.

'Maybe...Maybe I'm the only one who can spell my own death,' Zaigar thought as she took out the dagger that she had used to attack the vampire before. Holding her wrist over the vampire's pale face, she removed the black bandage and laid the tip of the dagger on it. A sharp pain and the feeling of coldness came to her as she ran the cold blade onto her lifeline. She then lowered her bleeding wrist onto the vampire's slightly open lips and whispered:

"May my death be of good use to you..."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets