Skip to main content

I Put A Camera Up and Caught What Was Haunting Me

 https://media.istockphoto.com/id/1361406631/photo/a-man-photographer-with-a-camera-takes-a-photo-in-the-dark-copy-space.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=NUjyB9fcFszEtyNp6FlBn0XNDVHSDhQcTARHo3dholI=

So I recently moved into a new house in a pretty nice cul-de-sac. It’s surrounded by carbon copy houses and this one was in the same price range as the others; so I didn’t expect anything out of the ordinary. It’s only a two bedroom place with a full bathroom, a one car garage and a spacious living room. I live alone so I’ve turned one of the bedrooms into an office space so that I can work from home. Now I’ve gotten moved in, my bedroom looks nice and I’ve even had friends over. So when the haunting started I had already gotten comfortable with the space. At first it was small things: maybe the tv would already be on when I got up to make breakfast, or one of my dining room chairs was pulled back away from the table. One morning I even came out to see that my shelf of figurines were all turned so that they faced my bedroom door; but soon enough it got worse.

Whatever was messing with me began to do so in my waking hours. I’d turn away from the bathroom only for the door to close and the light to come on, or I’d be watching tv and my fridge would swing open whenever my eyes weren’t on it. These always happened whenever I wasn’t looking.

Well recently I decided I had had enough, I was tired of living in fear of whatever was living in my house with me, so I decided to set up a camera in the living room, and I posted what I saw here.

Reviewing the footage, it was like this black figure created some sort of void and stepped out. It’d do mundane things like sit on my couch and watch tv, or admire my trinkets that I have on my shelf. Sometimes it’d go off from where I could see it and it’d come back with a plate full of food. At one point I noticed it headed in the direction of my bedroom. I hadn’t noticed anything weird when I slept that night so I decided to hatch a plan.

I decided that I’d take something to keep me up, pretend to sleep, then catch the entity in the act to see whatever he was doing. I put my plan into action the next day and laid comfortably in my bed, eyes closed and waited. Soon enough I heard noises coming from the rest of the house, it must have started its nightly ritual. I waited an hour, then another, and another until finally my bedroom door creaked open. I didn’t dare open my eyes as I heard its footsteps approaching until they stopped right next to my bed. It sniffed, and it sounded like a dog's sniff but garbled. SNIFF SNIFF SNIFF. It then put its icy damp hand on my forehead. “Please sleep… I want dessert.” It said, but not physically. It was as if it was speaking through my thoughts.

At that point I freaked out and opened my eyes, all I could see was the glow of its piercing white eyes and I noticed that it had no mouth, or at least I think it didn’t. As soon as I caught a small glimpse of it it ran out of my room, its long arms flapping back and forth low to the ground like how an ape would run if it was only using its hind legs. But this wasn’t an ape, it was a long slender man made of shadows. I’ve been monitoring my situation the past few days after the incident, and the entity seemed more scared of me than I was scared of him. I decided to leave him a note asking that he put things back the way it was before it messed with them and for the most part it seems like it’s been working. The camera is still catching it in the act but it seems to have listened to my note. 

---

Credits

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets