Skip to main content

I Think There's Something Wrong With Me (Part 1)

 https://img.freepik.com/free-photo/portrait-sad-child_23-2150761656.jpg?t=st=1697811981~exp=1697815581~hmac=4114e23b3b287a869ed127875fa1c6e5df931fe73d4946ff27d858087bd12b56&w=996

You know those voices, those voices that tell you things, and make you see things? Things that you don't want to see, imaginary scenarios ending in disaster...or that small sense of doubt in your mind?

Everyone lives with it, some choose to ignore it, whilst others like myself, who just..don't act...we don't push it out...we don't ignore it, we let them speak, but we don't fully listen to it.

It was just two days ago that these thoughts were nothing more to me than just that...thoughts.

I was working on a picture of mine in my living room, and all I could hear was what I always hear:

"Something's wrong...it's not good enough...that'll never work...it's not the right color...Your mind is broken, just like your perception..."

Just the average thoughts one hears every time they do something. The doubt...over and over again.

Getting tired of my mind being itself, I left the drawing unfinished and went to my bedroom. I stopped when I heard a knocking on my door. I opened it, and there on my porch was an envelope.

I observed the letter, and I picked it up. There was no name, or address...nothing.

I know what you're thinking: "Don't tell us you opened that envelope?"

I did. I opened the envelope and pulled out a letter and a vial.

Wasn't much written on it...just a phrase in Latin:

"Quid si quod intus erat, foris venit?.."

I don't understand Latin, nor do I know anyone who does, so I assumed the letter probably wasn't for me. So I placed the letter in a different envelope and resealed it. I then placed it on my table, unsure what to do with it. I would probably keep it at home, I couldn't take it anywhere else, it had no address so I couldn't return it anyway.

I looked at the vial, it had some black liquid reading: 'Drink me.'

I don't know why, but I opened it and took a sip out of the vial. Like, It felt as if I had no control over myself, I just opened it...next thing you know I had drank the whole thing. It felt like...something heavy was going down my throat, and it tasted metallic.

I just looked at the empty vial, placed it on the table, and walked into my bathroom, and I looked at my reflection, expecting to only see me. I saw someone else in the mirror though, someone right behind me, staring at me through the mirror. A tall man wearing a trenchcoat and a fedora hat was standing in my shower. He was wearing a smiling mask on his face that looked to have been bolted on his face, and he had blond hair under his hat. He was bent over, and looking at me.

I jumped, shocked at the unknown man in my shower. He didn't speak to me, rather he walked up to me, walking out of my shower and right in front of me. He loomed over me, making me very uncomfortable.

"Hey...What the F### are you doing in my house?" I asked, trying not to sound scared. The man looked down at me before grabbing my shoulders. I didn't notice how long his arms were earlier, they were all the way down his body and touching the ground. I also didn't notice the white gloves he was wearing on his hands, I mean who would care about that detail? This man was in my house...he was trespassing!

He then spoke, his voice...I can't describe: "You are...broken child...it's not right...I can fix you...WE can fix you.."

He pulls me close to him and I couldn't move, I couldn't even shout. Just as I was trying to struggle, I felt myself sinking, sinking into the man's body. Whatever this man was...there was no way he was human.

I blacked out after getting halfway into his body.

I remember waking up in...I don't know...it was somewhere...some inky black space. I just felt as if I was floating. I saw two figures looking down at me. One was the man I saw prior, and the other was another man, but he had an unkempt beard, a fancy suit, and a tall top hat. He too was smiling, but it wasn't in a mask, I could see his pale face.

When I woke up this morning, I felt dizzy, I felt drunk. I got up to see that same man in the trenchcoat...thing staring at me. I tried to think...tried to hear my thoughts, but I couldn't. I couldn't hear the very voices in my head. I then heard something, but not from my head...from the man standing above me.

"Time to get up, time for another day of this mundane life..." He said as if he was me or speaking from my perspective. His voice sounded the same but with a mixture of my own voice. As if my thoughts, were alive...

I sat for a moment confused at this circumstance, and the man grabbed my wrist and dragged me out of my bed, scaping my hand and legs on the bedframe. I screamed in pain and tried to fight him off, but his grip was strong as he pulled me into my closet. I sat up and looked at my legs, they were scratched from the dragging.

"Another day, another horrible outfit for myself." He said as he stared down at me. I quickly got dressed, not wanting this man to do anything else. I looked in the mirror.

"Am I really leaving the house in this horrible mess?" The man said before grabbing me and dragging me through the hallways, making me bump into the shelves and picture frames. He dragged me to my desk and pointed to the unfinished picture. "Might as well get this over with while it's early..." The man said as he sat me on my chair, and grabbed my hand. He started to move my hand around and make me draw lines on my picture.

"It's so bad...I'm doing such a horrible job...I call this 'art'?" The man said as continued to force my hand to draw on the paper. I tried to fight against him, but that seemed to piss him off, and he banged my head on the table.

"I'm such a Moron...always hurting myself..." The man said as he lifted my head off of my desk. I saw a small puddle of blood from my nose.

That was several hours ago, He's still here and I don't know how to get rid of him. He's been dragging me all over my house, and kind of making me do things that I'd usually do...but in such a violent manner.

I've locked myself in a room, and he's screaming at me and trying to break down the door...That door's going to give way soon. I'm covered in scratches, scrapes, and bruises. I'm surprised that I don't have any broken bones. I'm in pain...but I'm not scared...I don't know why.

What do I do? Does anyone else have this problem too? 

---

Credits

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets