Skip to main content

A Kingdom for A Prince (Part 7)


"He's dead," Claire replied. "He somehow knew you were coming and ratted you out to the Drake family, which brought these two goons here. They killed him coz he's served his purpose. I came here too late to save him, but at least I took care of them. Now you ready to go or not?"

I stared at her shocked. "No way! Earl ratted me out!" I rubbed my forehead, so many thing flashing and going on in my mind, as if there was a hurricane up in there. "I should leave now and let you be... well... more safe".

"What are you talking about, dude? Are you still trying to ditch me?" Chad was obviously annoyed at me. "Or are you worried that I might rat on you like Earl did?"

"No, Chad. I'm serious right now. I really cannot let you get more involved in this! This is a matter of life and death! If you die, I... I..." I took a deep breath and sighed. "Look, if you really want to help me, then please go to my folks. My adopted folks, and give them the heads-up. Protect them anyway you can. Keep an eye on them. I'll contact you as soon as the coast is clear."

Chad looked like he wanted to protest, but he knew better than to push me when my mind was made up. He just sighed wordlessly and nodded, making his way to the kitchen to raid Earl's fridge for something to munch on

I trodded back to the door and grabbed the chips and soda. "Also, Miss Claire, we brought these and you can have them. When and how should i get to irleand?"

Claire looked at my stash and took the chips. "Can't have soda. I'm diabetic. And to answer your question, we will have to take our private plane. We've got it park on a secluded area and ready to go at a moment's notice. What would you like to do about your friend?"

"Just drop me off at the nearest train station and I'll take it from there, lady!" Chad replied for me, obviously eavesdropping on us.

"Yeah, what he said," I shrugged.

"I suppose that's as good as a plan as any. We'll get out of here as soon as you're ready, but it'll be better if we travel at night. Less conspicuous that way."

"Got it," I nodded. I looked at the soda in my hand, sighed and shrugged. "Waste not, want not," I muttered as I opened the soda and chugged it.

I stopped until it was about half and closed it up, tossing it to Chad.

"So I get the 'scrapings', huh"? He laughed and opened the soda, drinking from it and not even bothering to clean it

I noticed it but didn't say anything; Chad can be such a slob sometimes, although I couldn't help but blushed at it as well. Shaking my head, I went upstairs to check the area, to see if there was anything that I could bring along to Northern Ireland since all I had were the clothes on my back. That was when I passed by the bathroom and saw Earl's body

The smell and the blood oh god.. I gagged and ran back downstairs, growing dizzy. I really wanted to barf. Chad ran up. "Hey are you ok bro?!" All I did was point upstairs, while clenching my stomach. He creeped up there. It was silent and then his faint voice could be heard. "Ew, man! That's disgusting! And that vile smell!! Geez!"

I made my way to the kitchen sink and barfed, gagging and coughing as I could feel the soda and bile coming out of my mouth into the ivory sink. I could hear Chad bickering with Claire, something to do about bodies and cleaning up and stuff, but I was too preoccupied with emptying my guts out to pay attention. Soon I felt Chad's hand rubbing my back as I spat the last of my vomit out. "Yo, dude. You OK?"

I sighed heavily. "I'm fine... I need me something sweet to eat or a toothbrush or something, this taste and smell is disgusting."

"Here, maybe this juice I found in the fridge might help," Chad passed me a juice box and I took, nodding in thanks and sipped it slowly. "What were you doing going upstairs anyways?"

"I thought maybe I could, I dunno, 'borrow' some of Earl's stuff coz I only got the clothes on my back and I probably need some important stuff to bring with me if I'm gonna need to travel..."

"Say no more, bro. I'll get it for you. I've got a stronger stomach than you anyways. Brb."

Before I could protest, he already made his way upstairs probably raiding Earl's rooms and stuff to get what I needed, with the occasional complaints he had with Claire. I chuckled quietly to myself as I continued sipping my drink slowly.

When he came back down, there were bunches of clothes in his hands, which he sent down on the sofa, "Let's just hope they fit me..." I looked at the time, 6:43 pm. "It's gonna start getting late soon, hey Chad, if I make it out of this alive, I'm totally bringing you to go visit my real parents and..." I walked over to a charger connected to the light. "Imma need this haha."

"You better make it out alive, or I'm gonna dig out your corpse and kill you again myself," Chad clapped my back, gentler this time. "And I expect to be knighted by the time all this shit is over!"

We both laugh at his outrageous request before Claire signalled us to get ready. She looked out the window to make sure no one was around before she ushered us to her car which was parked just a couple of blocks away from Earl's home. The moment she got in the car, she fished out her phone from her pocket and called someone. I could hear her talking in some sort of Irish dialect but it sounded like she telling whoever is on the other line that they were on their way. She then started the car and we were soon leaving the house and whatever was left inside far behind us

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets