Skip to main content

A Kingdom for A Prince (Part 5)


Only the person opening the door was not Earl. It was a Caucasian woman dressed in a tight singlet and long cargo pants and what looked like army boots. She had frizzy hair that almost looked afro, and her amber eyes glared at me like I owed her money. But that was not what caught my eye. What caught my eye was the gun in the holster around her waist.

"Ooh, hello there, lady," Chad, oblivious to the gun, got his flirt on as he squeezed next to me. "You Earl's new broad?"

"Desmond Dunn?" Her attention on me didn't waver.

"Yeah...?" I was prepared to back away when both her hands reached out to grab our collars and pulled us in, slamming the door behind her.

"F**k!" I whispered to my friend Chad. "I've caught myself in my own trap... Hey don't try anything funny!!" I slowly faced the lady. "What do you want with me?"

The lady didn't reply immediately, instead looked out the window as if trying to see if there were anyone outside. She then pulled the blinds and made us sit on the couch, glaring down at us with her hands on her hips.

"You are in serious danger, Desmond Dunn. You're lucky I got here and took care of them before they did."

"They? Who's they?" I asked, although I had a nagging feeling I might know who is she talking about.

"The Drake family, of course. Or at least their underlings," she replied, gesturing at two bodies that were on the floor at the dining area. They were wearing the same type of suit the crazy man wore before.

"The Drake Family..." I silently repeated and became zoned out. Memories all flushed into my head at once, it was all too much to take in. I let out a deep shaky breath. "But that was all so long ago.... why now..."

Chad just looked from his friend to the woman, completely confused. "Uuhhh... Who is the Drake family, and why do they want my boy here?" He smacked my back, not so hard however.

"Who're you?" The lady raised a brow at Chad.

"He's my best bud since 6th grade, Chad Emmerdale. He's cool," I replied.

"Then you owe him an explanation," the lady said dismissively as she went towards the bodies. "I'm going to find a way to get rid of these bodies."

"W-Where's Earl?" I asked, fearing the worst.

"He's the reason you're stuck here."

"The reason I'm stuck here? Wait what??!" Now I was confused and completely ignored Chad's groan that no one would tell him what was going on. "Is he ok? Where is he?"

The lady didn't reply as she busied herself moving the bodies. Before I could demand an answer, Chad clapped my back again, harder this time.

"Yo! Don't ignore me, dude! What's with all this Drake family business here?"

I coughed at the hard clap and sighed as I turned to him, "I was hoping no one would find out but... Chad, I'm not who I say I am. My real name is not even Desmond Dunn."

"What...?" Chad blinked in confusion.

"The truth is... I'm a Prince."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets