Skip to main content

A Kingdom for A Prince (Part 3)


I hear the door start to rattle as he tried to turn my locked doorknob before hearing him slamming at the door. For that split second, I lost the willpower to try and shoot him. What if I missed? What if I only wounded him? What if I actually killed him? Is it against the law to shoot an intruder? Will I go to jail for it? Finally I decided to save my bullets for another day and head for the window, opening it as wide as possible before climbing out of it and landed on the bushes below

I groaned as the picky part of the bushes poked me. I forced myself up and out the bushes. I looked up at the window, still hearing the banging at my door. "Good." I ran for the front of the house, but then I remembered my friend

I doubled back to the front of the house, making sure my presence wasn't known as I snuck back to the kitchen where my friend lay unconscious. Gripping his ankles, I dragged him out of my house as best as I can before looking around to see if there was anything that can bring us both. That's when I saw the black car park outside my driveway, most likely belonging to the intruder. I checked the car and saw that the car keys were still in there. "Bingo!"

I pushed my friend into the car and follwrd him in. Turning on the car, the first thing i did was lock the doors,  just in case. I began to leave the driveway when the intruder ran out my house. "Shit!" I pressed on the gas pedal and began to drive away

"Oi!!" I could hear the man shouting at me as I drove off. From the rear view mirror, I saw him shaking his fist as he tried to chase after me. I accelerated and quickly drove further away to lose him. Once I got into the freeway, I hear a groan at the backseat and saw Chad waking up.

"Bro! You OK?" I asked worriedly.

"Dude, I feel like I just got hit by a bus... What happened?"

"Oh dear. We're currently on the run. An intruder broke into the house, you tried to help me hold him off, but he threw you across and knocked you out. I stole his car. Hope it doesn't have a tracking device too." I drove out of the freeway into the country side. I'm glad I live alone, so my parents won't have to worry. I think I might crash at a friend's house that lives at the state next to us. A long drive but I want to be far from here

"Dude~! That's crazy!" Chad sat up as he rubbed his head. "Why do you think he's after you?"

"I dunno. I'm not even rich. There's no point in kidnapping me!"

"Do you think you pissed off the wrong person?"

"I don't think so, not to warrant a kidnapping."

"So what are you gonna do?" Chad asked after a long bit of silence.

"I'm probably heading to Earl's," I replied as I took the next turn. "It's far, but worth ditching that crazy guy. What about you?"

"Well I'm already stuck in the car with you." Chad frowned. "I'll give my dad a call, maybe he can send us some help too, like money."

I rolled my eyes. "Oh great. That might actually be useful. I have to leave this car somewhere, we are walking the rest. Just in case. Ya know?"

"Yeah, cool. I think you can dump it at the junkyard somewhere a few blocks down Groves Street after we get out of this freeway. I'll give my dad a call," Chad said as he whipped out his phone and speed-dialed his dad. I tuned out Chad's conversation with his dad in favour of paying attention to the road to get to where Groves Street was, the question kept ringing at the back of my mind: What does that guy want from me?

I heavied a sigh. Chad then behind me kicked the seat and signalled me to turn right. That question had bothered me that i zoned out for a few and almost missed the street. "Thanks, Dad." I heared Chad say and hung up the phone

"So what did your dad say?" I asked as I turned into the street.

"Well, I can't tell him that I'm stuck with a friend that is being chased by a crazy kidnapper, he wouldn't believe me," he replied as he scrolled through his phone on something. "So I fed him a bullshit story of how we decided to go out of town for some convention and your car got stranded so we will have to stay there for a while until your car is fixed. He said he'll wire me the money to my account within the next hour. Don't worry, he's at a business trip in Hong Kong. He's not here to call my bluff."

"You're always the better bullshitter between us," I rolled my eyes in amusement. Then I saw Groves Street up ahead. "We're here. Show me where the junkyard is, bro."

Chad pulled me out of the driver's seat and rode is there himself. "Here." He pulled up into the junkyard.

"Alright, let's ditch this place fast. We should arrive at my friend's soon." I garbbed the keys and flung them as far away as i could. "Let's get ta running buddy, hopw you still work out as much as you did."

"Pfft! Please. I'm still always the one beating you during dirt bike racing. This is nothing," Chad snorted as he started running ahead of me.

"Hey! No fair!" I laughed as I ran after him. We both quickly left the junkyard and went as fast we could to the direction of Earl's home.

I laughed just as I barely passed Chad. I poked my tongue out teasingly at him. a devilish grin smacked across his face as he pointed i front of me.

Crash! I had bumped into a tree

I could hear Chad laughed as his footsteps came closer. "That's what you get for gloating," he said as he helped me up. "You OK, dude?"

"Yeah, just my pride bruised besides my forehead," I chuckled as I dusted myself. "You sure you wanna tag along with me? That guy wants me, not you. You can just go home and be out of this drama."

Chad laughed as if I told a hilarious joke.  "Bro! We bros for life! Known each other since tiny children. Heh! I won't leave ya alone to face this! Heh. Not only that but my intrest has been spiked."

I gave a playful roll of my eyes. "Alright let's go. But you can leave anytime you want to. Don't go blaming me if something happens. I asked."

"Nah, I won't blame you. I'll just give you a sock on the face and I'll feel better," he laughed as he clapped my back. "But seriously, I don't think we can get to Earl's in time with just on foot. We need to find some wheels."

He has a point. At this rate, the crazy kidnapper might even catch up with us. I looked around and saw a convenience store up ahead...and two unchained bikes at the back of the shop. "How about that?"

Chad grinned. "Running and going into hiding now robbing? We're living the life of crime now, huh? Sounds fun!" I watched him run and hope onto a bike. I followed after and shot him an irritated glare. "Leave me with the pink bike, haha."

Hopping on to the pink bike, which I'm sure belonged to a bimbo tween, I tested the brakes and the pedals and nodded in satisfaction. "We should leave them a note, in case we need to give it back to them."

"What are you gonna write? 'Hi, sorry for stealing your bike but we are on the run from a vicious kidnapper and we promise we'll give you back never'?"

"Haha, very funny, now gimme something to write on," I rolled my eyes and held out my hand.

"Ugh, next time get your own pen and paper," Chad grumbled as he dug his pockets for his pen and mini notepad. He claims he tend to forget things ever since the accident he had when he was 5, so he carries a pen and notepad around in case he needed to jot down his to-do lists. Handing it to me, I wrote down an apology note, stuck it on the window sill the bikes were leaning against and gave him back the pen and paper.

"Let's go. I told them they can get their bike at the gas station a couple of miles away from Earl's home."

"Your call," Chad replied as he started pedaling, and I followed suite, leaving the convenience store as quickly as we can

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets