Skip to main content

A Kingdom for A Prince (Part 10)


My mind was fuming with thoughts and ideas. I had to escape at all cost and save this sister. I looked around the room, which was pretty much like a jail cell. There was one window, but of course enclosed with metal poles. I groaned and thought, looking at the cell. If this is the jail cell in the home of the Drake Manor, then there is an escape. They made it as so, just in case family gets stuck in one but only the family knows, until I eavesdropped when I was smaller that is.... I'll just have to figure it out!

Closing my eyes, I tried to remember the days when I was here for summer, during the days when the feud, the civil war didn't exist. I tried to remember my 3-year-old self running around the manor halls, playing hide and seek with my cousins. I remember coming down to the basement that used to be a bunch of dungeons in the old days before my uncle repurposed it for storing items like wine. Then I remember seeing one of the butlers giving a lecture to his protege about precautions if they get locked inside one of the rooms...

Remember, York. Should you ever get trapped in there, go to the far end of the room, count the bricks from the bottom right, up 23, then left 25. Then press down and it will open a secret passageway that leads you straight out to the backyard. Understand?

Opening my eyes, I smiled deviously. I'm getting outta here

I turned around and locked at the bottom right bricks. "1... 2... 3.." Then I remembered about my sister. 'Crap, I'll just have to come back for her...' He said now on the 23rd block, beginning to count 25 left. Once he did, he pushed the brick inside the wall and it didn't work. "Wait what." I pushed it again, nothing. I began to freak out, until i punched the wall, the secret passage way opened, apparently, I was 1 block off

I nursed my throbbing hand as the secret passageway opened big enough for me to get through. As soon as I step through, the passageway closed by itself, as if on a timer. Taking a deep breath, I put my hands on the walls, letting it guide me as I walked down the dark hallway, hoping that my memories served me right and that this passageway really leads to the backyard as the butler had said

I walked for what seemed like hours, but really, it was only 5 minutes. Eventually I saw this faint white light, an exit! I ran for it, I didn't want to be here, not at all, the smell of this passage way in general, smelled mossy, wet, and old.

The faint white light grew slightly brighter as I got nearer, and soon I saw the light form an outline of a door. Testing the door handle, I sighed in relief as it wasn't locked and I pulled it open with all my might, and another sigh of relief escaped my lips as I breath in the fresh air of nature out back, though I had to make sure the coast was clear before I step out fully to the open

I slowly poked my head out, looking left, then to the right. I grabbed a big stick and flung it, cracking it on a tree. Nothing seems to react to it. I took a step out and inhaled the air. "Oh geez, now to save my sister... and I've got just the plan." I grinned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets