Skip to main content

A Glitch in the Matrix (Part 2)




Inspired by sixpenceee's post about glitches in the matrix, I thought I would post some creepy ones that I have found.
I’m not really sure if this belongs here, but here we go.

When I was 15 I was incredibly depressed and struggling with my OCD and anxiety. It got to the point that I decided to kill myself. I arranged everything (Note, when, where, how etc.) and waited. I waited about a week until my parents went out to dinner. I attached a note to my door telling my parents not to come in and to just call the police, got dressed in my nicest clothes, showered, did my hair, and put a suicide note in my shirt pocket. My father had a number of guns and I chose one of them to do the deed with — a Beretta 92 handgun or something like that. I went into my bedroom, turned on some music and laid down on my bed. I put the barrel into my mouth, sang a few lines of ‘Freefallin’ through tears and pulled the trigger.
 
Then it went into a third person type thing where I was just watching myself. I saw myself laying dead on my bed, slumped over and bleeding everywhere. I watched myself lie in my own gore for what seemed like forever. Then suddenly it felt like all the wind get knocked out of me, and I was back in my body.
 
click
 
The gun jammed. I just threw it onto the ground and sobbed into my pillow for hours before cleaning up everything and going to sleep.
 
I have no idea what happened that day, but I’m more grateful than you can imagine. After that I really made an effort to turn my life around, and it did. It’s scary thinking that I wouldn’t be here right now if it worked.
About 4 or 5 years ago I worked at a Little Caesars Pizza. Usually I would work inside on the pizzas but we had just started up this Monday Madness deal where pizzas were only $4 on Monday so we needed someone to advertise. I was a wild and weird metalhead so I took up the position on Mondays of just going out there, throwing around a sign to get attention, and bring people in for pizza. Not exactly glamorous but I had fun.

One day while I was out there doing my thing I see a van coming straight at me. It jumps the curb and slams in to me and I feel it crush me against the electrical box controlling the street lights. I see a quick flash as the traffic lights flick off then black out.

I gasp and I’m still on the corner and nothing has happened. No van or anything. Well, I was a little shaken up so I decide to pack it up and walk back to the store for a break. I walk no more than 15 feet away from the corner when I hear a crash. I look back and a van just hopped the curb in to the electrical box and I watch the traffic lights flick off.

Needless to say, I took the day off. Still think about that from time to time.
  • A Terrible Nightmare (Reddit user deleted)
About a year ago I had a terrible nightmare.

It started off me waking up in bed during a thunderstorm. As the room illuminated again and again from the flashes of lightning outside I realized that the bed I was laying in wasn’t mine. The head of the bed was against the wall the the door was located on, and from my perspective I couldn’t tell if it was open or closed.
 
That is until I saw the face. At first, just the nose and jaw broke past the door frame, but then an entire face slowly passed through the door way. I tried to yell, “Who the fuck are you, where the fuck am I?”, but it felt like I had lost my voice. No matter how hard I tried to scream, nothing came out and this person continued to enter the room, looking dead ahead, away from me.
 
Then, just as the person was completely into the room, their head snapped towards me, and it locked eyes with mine. I tried to get out of the bed, but felt completely paralyzed. The person’s started making their way to me, but with every step their body contort in ways that would break a normal persons bones. Their neck snapped so the back of their head touched their back, their jaw layer flat on their chest, their arms had broken at the shoulders and migrated to their back like wings. Just terrifying shit. And just before they reached me, I woke up.
 
The next day I told my mom about it, and went into great deal about the room. Turns out it was almost an exact copy of my room when I was a baby. We moved out of that house when I was super young, like I have no idea what the insides to any room look like. Just kinda weird I guess.
During a spinal tap procedure I was put under. While under the anesthetics I had what I can only explain as an out of body experience seeing as how my view point was from above my body looking down on the procedure. I watched the whole thing and saw that the doctor knocked my game boy off the tabletop while walking by, batteries ejecting from the fall. One fell in sight and he picked it up but the other was next to the front left wheel under the bed out of his view.. but not mine. I woke up groggy and told him where my other battery was and he was shocked when he found it there. To this day it still weirds me out.
  • Sleep App by reddit user COREM
I have a sleep tracking app on my phone that has a setting for lucid dreaming. It will start saying “You are dreaming” repeatedly in a woman’s voice with a bit of an echo. I was at work one day when I started hearing the voice randomly every few minutes or so. Ii checked my phone and as soon as the screen turned I woke up in my bed as the sun was rising. A bit freaked out I went to take a shower. Then on my way to work I started to hear the voice again through the radio. When I turned my car off (a bit freaked out again) I once more woke up in my bed as the sun was rising. This happened about 3 or 4 more times, all at different times of the “day”. I didn’t trust reality for about a week after that and still refuse to use that particular setting of the app.
This happened when I was 11. I still remember it like it was yesterday. My grandfather was getting old and had been in and out of the hospital a few times that year. At that moment he had been in the hospital for probably 2 days. We had gone into the hospital to visit him where I gave him a big hug and told him I loved him and would see him tomorrow. 

That night, I went to bed, and had the most beautiful dream. My grandpa came into my room and sat in the rocking chair in the corner. He invited me into his lap and told me he was going away for awhile and that someday he would see me again. I shouldn’t worry, because everything was ok and he wasn’t in any pain. I smiled at him and gave him a big hug and told him I understood. I then looked over at my brother sleeping in the bunk below me and asked my grandpa if we should wake him up and tell him. 

When I turned back around to get a response from my grandpa he was gone. I ran to the window to look out onto the front yard. There he was waving at me. He whispered, “go tell your mom and dad exactly what I told you”. I looked back at the door to my room and then back at the front yard and he was gone. I immediately woke up, ran to my parents room and turned on the light. I told them exactly what grandpa had told me. They told me it was just a dream and to go back to bed. I told them again exactly what grandpa told me. 

Again, frustrated it was 2am, told me to go to bed and we would talk about it in the morning. Just then the phone rang, it was the hospital, my mother started sobbing, grandpa had past. At that moment she just sat there with my father staring at me. I still remember their faces. They both looked at each other, then me, then each other, and finally smiled and stopped crying. They gave me a big hug and told me they loved and to go back to bed. 

They ended up going to the hospital that night and my aunt came over to watch us. But we have never talked about that night since. In fact, I don’t think I have ever written about it, which explains the tears rolling down my cheeks right now. wow, that was liberating. And I am glad other people have had these types of things happen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets