Skip to main content

I Watch People in Cages (Part 6) [FINALE]

 https://i.ytimg.com/vi/_hJcJMxow10/maxresdefault.jpg

You know, if I survive this, I'm asking for a raise. Or actually lethal weaponry, instead of rubber bullets. My job, up until last week, was ŵ̖̦͝atching people in cages. No questions asked. But then Cage #8 arrived. And now? I'm more concerned on getting out of here, then performing my job dutifully. Cerberus is still searching for the escaped. We found what was left of the initial security response. 

They were mauled by something. Limbs strown all around. Bite marks. That sort of thing. If I had to guess? I'd say Cassie or Bill got to thę͎̱͌̑͑͟͠m. Initially anyway. The lack of blood suggests Fred as well, but he was never one for dismemberments. Did I mention the initial response was around ten to fifteen guys? Kind of important. Cerberus, meanwhile, is four men (which is odd in of itself) I don't even know their names. Their faces are completely obscured and they wear riot gear. From what I heard, they go by codenames. W, F, P, and D. D seems to be the leader of the pack. 

Despite there only being four of them, T.D. seems confident they'll round up or exterminate the others. Either way, I'm not so sure I trust T.D. anymore. Not à̰̥̲͙̈́̏͝fter what I saw. I'm not allowed to leave. So in the meantime, I've been piecing together what's actually going on down here. Which, to be honest, isn't going well. I'm still confused as to what these people are. Shit, I just heard gunfire

Update: Alright well that was something. They found Cassie. She shook off about thir̪͒́ͅty seconds of shots from assault rifles. She's back in containment, as they could do little more than incapacitate her. One down I guess. T.D has gone missing though. Cerberus sent F to watch me. Guess they don't trust the normal security guard. They're kind of assholes in all honesty.

I'm really hungry. I asked F to let me get some food from the cafeteria area, but he denied it with a headshake, and pointed to my chair. So I'm just writing now to clear my head. It's getting hardê̢̯͔̟͌̀͑r to concentrate if I'm being frank with you guys. I mean, wouldn't you be a little freaked out in my situation?

At any rate, what really concerns me is our doll f̖͋riend has showed up in my office. F doesn't seem to notice, or care about it. Maybe T.D. hadn't briefed these guys. Or maybe I'm finally losing it. God I'm hungry. You know what's funny? I can't remember anything before last Saturday. The day they added cage #8.

I should've guessed there was something up from the get go. But the pay was so good, and I needed the money. And for ten years, it was r̬̙̱̪̎́̈́͌͢͞elatively peaceful ya know? Relatively being the operative word. Or was it? I can't be sure anymore. Everything before last Saturday is a blank. Stress will do that, I suppose. Simple job. Watch people in cages. Get paid $500. I need food. I haven't eaten in what feels like days. I'm not dying here.

Update: I can't. I can't believe what I did. So I convinced F to let me go check on the contained subjects. Fe͍͆ed them, etc. I took my weapon with me, just in case. And I. I was just so hungry. So fucking hungry. So I ate some of the meat we give to Cassie. Yes I know, it's human but. I needed food. Ok? I ate yesterday but I felt like I was starving. I needed it. More than that monster did. And you know the worst part?

I liked the taste. I mean, it was raw mȇ̡at but it wasn't bad. Tasted sort of like pork. So I ate more. It wasn't until T.D. appeared out of nowhere, that I realized I had been there for hours, gorging myself. I wasn't hungry anymore, but I couldn't stop myself.

T.D pulled me away from my flesh feast, and told me that they had killed Fred. He didn't seem fazed by my actions, instead irritated that I had left my post. F wasn't there when I returned, but the doll was. And just like the other day, T.D. didn't see it. Even though he did yesterday.

I asked he turned to leave "What are you?" He stopped."Come again?"

"What. Are. You?"

He raked his nails on the doorframe as he stood in place. His fingers bled a bit as he did. "I'm just a guy doing his job. Same as you." That didn't satisfy me, so I hit him in the back of the head with my rifle. It didn't even make him flinch. He turned to face me, with a look of horrifying calm. "You know. I liked you. A lot more than the previous guard." The grotesque mass of muscle and flesh flashed in my mind, and I fell to the floor. The mask was gone, as whatever this thing was, walked towards me.

"I'm doing a job that was given to me, and I need help doing it. All you have to fucking do is watch those monitors and keep your fucking mouth shut" He said, but I heard thousands of voices scream it from within my mind. "Do I make myself clear?" His voice returned to normal. 

"You're a monster.." "Oh look at you! Finally figured that one out eh? Well not quite. I'm more like THE monster. Lightbringer, Prince of Lies, etc. " He said, with mocking amusement, lackadaisically gesturing with his hands. "Look. I'm not the bad guy here. No, in fact, I'm doing my best to keep them here. And for the sake of mankind, I suggest you do the same." He patted me on the cheek, and left the room. I ran for the door, but it was locked behind him.

So yeah. I'm working for the devil himself. How fun. Should've suspected that from the beginning if I'm being honest. I'm going to get some sleep. I'll update you all later.

Update: I woke up to more gunfire. They found Earl. His normally short hair was longer now, and he had no issues shrugging off bullets. In fact, he broke a gun over his knee. At least that's what I heard over radio chatter. They had restrained him, via horse tranquilizer (don't know why they had it either) cut his hair, then locked him back up. That explains the hair tonic rule.

Lisa and Bill are still missing. But I'm more concerned with getting out of here at this point. I managed to pick the lock (I always keep a bobby pin on me. What can I say? I'm a bit paranoid at this point.) And I'm going to lift the lockdown at one of the exits. Here's hoping I make it 

Update: Alright, figured you guys would like me to keep you updated. I have my phone with me for that very purpose. If I know this building well, I should be able to find the exit. Cerberus is patrolling for me. At least, I think they are? I saw, more security staff coming in with equipment. Managed to hide out of sight. My only option is going out the exit they take out the people they take away. I'll update later.

I. I found it. And I wish I hadn't. I really wish I hadn't. The door they take people out of? There were stairs behind them. The stairs descended far below the building. The smell of sulfur was overpowering, but I decided it was my only option. I had been spotted by one of Cerberus, so I ran through the door. I still hear them trying to get in (I locked it behind me.) The dark pit was seemingly endless. But as I got lower, after hours of walking. I heard it. Screams. Millions upon millions of screams of agony. And the heat. Jesus Christ the heat. Like the fires of hell. Which coincidentally, I do believe that's what it was. 

I tried to turn around, but a grip like a fiery hand grasped my ankle. It tried to pull me down the remainder of the stairs, but I managed to slip away. I ran as fast I could, back up the stair well, which they did not come down after all, so I had descended for nothing. I went back through, and found the building, seemingly long abandoned. It was the walls were covered in long dried blood, and scorched marks. The fuck?

I had come through the right door hadn't I?  I turned to leave, but the door had vanished. I heard a voice behind me "Going somewhere?"

I turned and saw T.D., smiling ear to ear. "Come on, follow me."

"Where are we?" "Just another of our locations. With significantly less success."

I followed behind him, and I noticed the mask had slipped more. His entire left arm was covered in burn marks, and  his shirt was torn, revealing two scars on his back. His face was now continually shifting, much more noticeable than ever before. Gone was the aging movie star looks, and I just felt pure darkness radiating from him.

"Think of me, as someone who's disciplining some particularly mean children. They were naughty and broke the rules. So I gave them time outs." He said, his voice deepening with every syllable. "Oh and don't think I don't know what you've been doing. You've been breaking the rules yourself, haven't you? Tsk. Tsk."

He snapped his fingers, and we were back in my office. In the normal facility. He finally spoke "We found #7, and #8. Once we capture them, you're free to leave. You're going to help."

I followed T.D., to a room. On either side, blood and entrails coated the room. Security teams ripped apart. In the center of the carnage was a six year old girl and a monstrous creature with an oxygen tank on it's back. Then everything went black.

My job, was I watch people in cages. Seven cages, seven people. Each with different rules attached. My boss was a guy named T.D. Now, there's nine cages. One of them is empty. The ninth cage holds a male occupant. He's about 5'8. He's to be fed cooked meat and water daily. Furthermore he's allowed daily internet access for one hour. 

The cages are a bit cramped, but you get used to it. I used to watch people in cages. 

---

Credits

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets