Skip to main content

I Watch People in Cages (Part 5)

 https://i.ytimg.com/vi/_hJcJMxow10/maxresdefault.jpg

Sorry about the wait. Been a busy few days since Bill slipped out of his skin. Speaking of which, it's still undetermined whether or not "Bill" could be considered the same being, as whatever crawled out of his skin. S̵͚͠ome of you suggested I tell T.D ȧ̶̤nd I v̸̘̈́ȅ̷͔ry mụ̴̪̣̑ch intend to. Jus̸̤̓t have other things to deal with. Also, there were no transfers today. Which is weird. Considering it's happened every three days for at least a decade.

I've been having trouble sleeping. Every time I shut my eyes, I see that fucking doll. I've even seen it around my house. Which is worrying to say the least. I've done more interviews with the inmates.  So, as I can put it together, Here's what I've gathered about who, or what these people are. 

Fred was born, according to him, around 1836. He also claims to have committed several murders since the 1880's. Several victims,  including two in the December of 1968. He cites those as his favorites. He's nearly 200 years old, by his own count.

Mary claims to be a nun, a woman of the cloth. She said she was born in 1883, and did what she did "for the Lord." Apparently, she'd "convert the wealthy" in order for them to give their money to the church. She also said she's no Catholic, but a Greek Orthodox.

Chad, I gave a notebook to communicate with. Below is said interview.

"Why are you here?"

Chad wrote "Troubles with women."

We've all been there. I followed up by asking "Where were you born? What year?"

His response? "I was born in Burlington, Vermont, 1946."

He certainly didn't LOOK that old. I thanked him for his time, gave him his green liquid, and moved on.

Finally, we have little Lisa. Lisa, insistently, claims she was born in 1681, in Massachusetts. She also said she misses her cousin Betty. That's all I got out of her, before she returned to her coloring book. It doesn't phase me that she's easily the oldest of the bunch 

Hold on a second. I just saw something in the camera. It's much bigger than the cages. It's maybe about 7 feet tall. It's completely devoid of hair, or pigment. What caught my eye, however, was the oxygen tank on it's back. I'm looking at #8. I quickly pressed the alarm button, and looked back up the camera. It's face was right in the camera. And it was definitely the face of 'Bill". Grinning ear to rotting ear. Even in the camera, I could tell how decayed it's teeth were. The feed cut out, and then the power. 

A couple of seconds later, the feed turned back on, but the lights didn't. I'm guessing that was an extra security measure. I grabbed the weapon at my station, locked the door, grabbed my security walkie talkie, and waited, weapon aimed at the door. It had to be four, maybe five hours, before T.D. entered the room. The security team did show up, two hours ago in fact, but they had vanished without a trace.

"Missing? What do you mean?" I said, feeling sleep deprived, even though I had plenty of sleep. 

"They arrived on site and didn't check back in."

Sighing, I scratched the back of my head. I've had it with this secrecy shit. "What are we keeping here?" I finally asked, as T.D. studied the monitors.

"Monsters." He said, matter of factly. "Things that have to be dealt with. By any means necessary."  He paused. "What's that in Cage #7?"

"The doll?" "Yes. The doll. Where did it come from?"

"It, uh, it's been there for a few days now. Since #8 came in."

"Why are you telling me this now?" He demanded, with a look of fear and anger etched across his face.

"Well, between Li-" I stopped myself "Since #7 went missing, then #8, I figured it rated low on lists of concerns."

He sighed "The power was cut. There's a back-up generator. Grab the gun, and come with me." My superior ordered me. I guess I don't have much of a choice.

I have to stop here for now. Not a good idea to keep writing, what with the lights being out..

Update: Alright. I'm still alive. Well barely. Four of them have broken out, as is the thing I'm assuming at one point was #8. Mary, Bob, and Chad are all under containment, by their own choice no less. The building is in full lockdown. And he ordered every available security personnel to come immediately.

I intended to post this yesterday, but you know. Life and death. Monsters wanting to eat my bones. Priorities you know?

T.D, and I managed to restore power, but I can't leave. Not that I would go out to, with those guys out and about. I'm currently in my office, with T.D. who's watching the monitors. I've filled him in on the whole "duplicate of me on the ceiling" thing. And the doll.  His walkie just sprang to life. I'm not sure but I believe they said

"Cerberus is on site. Doing a full sweep of Sector 6. Will be at your position in 2 minutes"

T.D. breathed a sigh of relief. "Cerberus, Cerberus, thank fuck." 

"What's Cerberus?" I asked.

"They're what's gonna get us out of this." He grabbed his walkie.

"Roger that, Cerberus, we're in security room Foxtrot. Subjects are out of containment with the exceptions of #4, #5, and #6. You have permission to terminate any of the others on sight. Also, be advised, there may be two hostile entities with subject #7. Terminate all on sight."

"Roger that." Then there was radio silence.

I kind of regret looking over as he grabbed it though. Because, I realize how tired I am, but I'm not crazy.

T.D's face wasn't there anymore. It was a mass of flesh, and writhing muscles. Two grotesque horns were burrowed in his forehead. As I blinked, his face had changed to the vaguely aged look I was familiar with. I have to go for now. Cerberus just arrived but can any of you please tell me

What the fuck was I just locked in a room with?

Edit: I just noticed I posted this as I keep people in cages. That was a typo. It uh. It's been a stressful few days.

2̶̳̓3̵̩̕-̸̥̀5̵̞͆-̸̼͛1̶̪͝8̸̙̓-̷̩́5̸̪͊ ̷̰͘9̵͇̓-̶̲̒1̷̖̊4̴̢́ ̷̯̋8̶̡͗-̷̪̏5̴̟̉-̶̣̓1̷͎͊2̵͓͒-̷͈͂1̶̝̊

.-.. . - / ..- ... / --- ..- - 

---

Credits

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets