Skip to main content

I Watch People in Cages (Part 3)

 https://i.ytimg.com/vi/_hJcJMxow10/maxresdefault.jpg

So Lisa is still missing. The place is still in lockdown and I haven't been allowed to leave. They're afraid of her getting out, I guess. Besides the whole not aging thing and her taste in movies, Lisa always struck me as the least harmful of the bunch. So I'm pretty worried considering how much they're freaking out about her possible breach. Even Fred's didn't evoke so much panic out of the higher ups.

Good news is I have some free time to write all of this out! Besides Lisa being missing, I've still been going about the normal routine. Feeding, removing bones from Bill's cage, cleaning up after Fred's feedings.

 Speaking of which, the new Fred is a particularly messy eater. Or would it be drinker? Considering I'm giving it blood. Cassie seems particularly aggressive since Lisa's disappearance. She's tried more than once to bite me.

The one that's been worrying has been Bill. I was feeding him yesterday and saw…...something moving around inside of his chest as he downed his daily rat. Tomorrow is another move. Or should be, at least. I'm not sure what with this security lockdown.

So, since I haven't much to write about in events, I'll take a suggestion to tide you guys over. Some of you were curious about the personality of the people in the cages.

Well, because I am a person of the people, I'll tell you about them.

Fred is usually very quiet. However, if he misses a scheduled feeding (reminder it's every seven hours), he gets exceptionally aggressive and talkative. Making a lot of threats. My personal favorite had to be the time he told me if I was late feeding him again he'd "make a smoothie from my tendons." Overall however, Freds, when I have interacted with them outside of a hostile state, they're very polite and well spoken.

Cassie'ls are less people, more animals. They don't speak much outside of grunts and growls. Personality wise, they're as deep as a dog bowl. That said, they're also the least hostile of the bunch, outside of feeding time. Probably has something to do with the electrified cage.

I even hand fed one! Well. Wearing a thick leather gloves but still! Gave her some of my burger (Let's not tell T.D. eh?) So while they look like normal if small women, they don't act like it.

Marys are religious nuts. They're constantly praying or trying to turn someone to their religion. The current Mary is a pagan She worships some ancient deity named "Hastur". Always asking something about a sign? I dunno. They're interesting but not much in the way of conversation. I tune em out most of the time.

Bob's are mixed, as is to be expected. Most are very prone to conversation. Typically its water cooler talk. You know, what happened at the game, or what happened on Game of Thrones (back when it was still coming on.) I actually chat with them during my coffee breaks. They're pretty nice guys. You know. Ignoring the eye thing. But don't let that full you. They've tried strangling me few times. That's why I have the stun gun.

Earl is Earl. Not much to say. He always has his nose buried in a newspaper so he doesn't talk much. 

Chads can't speak due to the whole "black substance from every orifice when they speak" issue.

Before she went missing, Lisa was your typical six year old as far as personality is concerned. She even had an imaginary friend. She called him Mr. Abba. Her bear she called Bezel. Interesting names but hey, she's a weird kid. Or at least, she's a strange whatever she is.

I have no opinion on Bill, as he's still rather new.

Oh shit, T.D. is getting all of us together for some kind of meeting. I'll update later.

Update: Okay so, T.D. gave us the rundown. When, and if we find Lisa, she's to be given restrictions for the time being. Furthermore, We are to never reference her imaginary friend or her teddy bear directly from here on. As for the doll? Its still in the cage with Bill last I saw, but no one else noticed or cared about it, besides me and the caged. Mary in particular holds the doll in reverence it seems. More weirdness from this place I suppose.

The security are still doing a full sweep to find Lisa but so far no luck. I haven't mentioned the thing inside Bill to T.D. yet. Seems he has a lot on his plate right now. Never come to your boss with a problem, only solutions. Heard that in a movie. T.D also gave all of the people with clearance (i.e. everyone here presently) the files on each captive. I haven't gone over them yet but I'm certainly intrigued to find out why they've locked all of these people away.

Update 2: In the middle of that last update, shots were fired. We found Lisa. She was eating a member of security. It was a mess. His limbs were arranged in a heart shape, and she had ripped off his scalp. When they found her, she was dipping his kidneys in ketchup like chicken nuggets. They naturally opened fire. She didn't so much as flinch. The man's intestines were draped around her neck like a scarf, and his scalp was on her head.

I nearly vomited when I saw it. I'm a bit fuzzy on the details, but somehow we managed to secure her and placed her back into her cell 

So that's what she eats as it turns out. The doll was in her cage when she was put back. I didn't mention it to anyone, but the doll, which as I told you had cat paws in place of hands, well. One hand was now a human one. With a tattoo distinctly similar to the poor bastard Lisa was just eating. 

I'm going to read those files. I'm done not knowing what I'm dealing with.

Update 3: Well. I don't know much more than I did previously. I don't know what they did, or why they all fit into certain categories. Most of the file is redacted. This feels like a waste of time in all honesty but it's a start.

The only one that can wasn't completely redacted was Cassie. And she's human in appearance only. She's some kind of succubus? Or siren? Or something. I'm not sure, but she's quite literally a man eater.

The pound of meat isn't any kind of meat. It's human meat. I still don't know where they go every three days. And why the care instructions are so specific. I'll keep you guys updated. Tomorrow's transfer day. 

Edit: Apologies by the way. It somehow got deleted? I didn't do it. 

---

Credits

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets