Skip to main content

Words of the Wise III


The day will come when, after harnessing space, the winds, the tides and gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And on that day, for the second time in history of the world, we shall have discovered fire
Teilhard-de Chardin

Spread love everywhere you go: first of all in your own house. Give love to your children, to your wife or husband, to a next door neighbour...Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness; kindness in your face, you eyes, your smile and your warm greeting
Mother Teresa

Don't bug me! Hug Me!
Bumper Sticker

We need 4 hugs a day for survival. We need 8 hugs a day for maintenance. We need 12 hugs a day for growth
Virginia Satir

Everybody can be great...because anybody can serve. You don't have to have a college degree to serve. You don't have to make your subject and verb agree to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Smile at each other, smile at your wife, smile at your husband, smile at your children, smile at each other--it doesn't matter who it is--and that will help you to grow up in greater love for each other
Mother Teresa

All of us are walking around with some kind of birthday card we would like to give--some personal expression of joy, creativity or aliveness that we are hiding under our shirt
John Keating

And now here is my secret, a very simple secret; it is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye
Antonio de Saint-Exupery

What I am is good enough if I would only be it openly
Carl Rogens

Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to the country and to mankind is to bring up a family
George Bernard Shaw

Who are you speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying
Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you were going to die soon and had only one phone call you could make, who would you call what would you say? And why are you waiting?
Stephen Levine

Once you see a child's self-image begin to improve, you will see significant gains in achievement areas, but even more important, you will see a child who is beginning to enjoy life more
Wayne Dyer

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it
Anonymous

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right
Henry Ford

It is better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one than to have an opportunity and not to be prepared
Whitney Young, Jr

The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure
Joseph Campbell

Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal
Henry Ford

The sense of obligation to continue is present in all of us. A duty to strive is the duty of us all. I felt a call to that duty
Abraham Lincoln

To see things in the seed, that is genius
Lao-tzu

Failure? I never encountered it. All I ever met were temporary setbacks
Bill Marriot

The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as challenge, while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse
Don Juan

Experience is not what happens to a man. It is what a man does with what happens to him
Aldous Huxley

Learning is finding out
what you already know.
Doing is demonstrating
that you know it.
Teaching is reminding others that they know it
just as well as you.
You are all learners,
doers, teachers
Richard Bach

This life is a test
It is only a test
Had it been
an actual life
You would have received
Further instructions on
Where to go and what to do!
Bulletin Board

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets