Skip to main content

Scary Stories: SKYPE CONVERSATION


This one’s really creepy.

I ABSOLUTELY PROMISE YOU IT IS.

The other day, I was talking to an online friend of mine over Skype.

She said "Some weird things have been happening to me lately."

I replied with a quick “sure tell me.”

"I never really believed in this whole ghost or paranormal things up until now so I’m a bit nervous and I think I might just be over reacting but the doctors haven’t found anything psychologically wrong with me so???If you’re just gonna think I’m crazy then tell me now cuz I’ll just leave."

I could tell from her reluctance that this must have been really freaking her out. I assured her.

"Ok. here it goes then." She said and then typed up her story.

"It began a few weeks ago after I read some ridiculous chain letter that I didn’t forward. I didn’t think anything of it because, like I said, I didn’t believe in that stuff and the chain letter was something about creatures wearing human skin that blend in with humans I don’t know, I don’t really think it’s related but it started after I deleted it.

"It first started at the market. While I was in line, I noticed that the bagger was staring at me.

He was smiling a bit too uncomfortably at me. Like, he wasn’t using his muscles to smile, it was more like some one took two fingers to his cheeks and pulled upwards to draw the corner of his lips into a smile??

I know I know that sounds way stupid, doesn’t it?”

"Anyways, I smiled politely at him and took my groceries from the end of the belt when he finished bagging them.I freed up a hand and I thanked him for his service. And that’s when it happened.

His lips moved and he said in a deep voice “You’re welcome, miss.”

I stood there in complete shock for a moment. I figured I must have been exhausted because there’s no way that just happened.”

"The next day, I was walking down the street. The air was chill and cold, and I was enjoying all the smells and sensations of the upcoming fall.

That’s when it happened again. I saw a woman staring at me . She didn’t take her eyes off me. She had that same eerie smile. It was uncomfortable. As she got closer to me, she parted her lips and spoke to me:

"Nice weather today, isn’t it miss?"

And then nodded and kept walking.

I stopped in my tracks once more. It was dizzying because of its impossibility.

Several other people spoke to me since then.

It was always innocuous things like “Need any help today, ma’am?” or “You’re looking lovely today”, nothing vicious, the strangers were all very friendly albeit all with that same creepy grin, but the mere fact it was HAPPENING was terrifying and yet also strangely hope bringing? Does that sound right?

I don’t know, but soon, everywhere I went, I would hear voices of certain people I was near exchanging pleasantries with me.

I even told my doctor this and he assured me that no,it isn’t possible that this could happen.And yet I know it is. It IS happening to me!”

Frankly, I was confused as shit.

"Look that’s all great and all but uhm, people talking to you and saying nice things isn’t at all a paranormal experience, even if they smile weird.."

It was the next thing she said that changed my mind.

"And THAT’s the response most people would have. But here’s the thing:

Somehow I am hearing these people talk when I can’t hear anything else; I don’t hear birds, I don’t hear cars driving down the street,

I don’t hear the tapping of the keys on my keypad. I don’t hear anything.


I don’t hear anything because I’ve been fully deaf since I was 4.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets