Skip to main content

The House on the Left


Hi, I am Willis, I live in a dark neighbourhood. Every time I go outside, people don't talk to me, or to anyone; they just go about on their normal business. Restricted from making contact from anyone. The reason, the mayor of town is an insane. All he ever does is sit in his chair on the stone patio outside his front door. He doesn't watch or talk to anyone in the village. You see, he was born with a special gift; Telekinesis, the ability to move objects with one's mind. He could only ever lift small objects ever since he was a child, until the 20 years later. Present day, all he ever does is punish.

He once had a wife whom he met during his time in the war. He loved her more than anything, so much that he was willing to risk his life, which he did. During the time, there was a murderer going around the country committing unregretful murders on innocent people for their money. One day, he turned up at our town, our peaceful little town. This towns people aren't very rich but the mayor is very wealthy, he is also well-known around the country for his rather small home. The murderer knew of this and decided to give him a visit.

The murder walked peacefully up the road like any person would at the time, that was until he reached the mayor's house that he pulled out a gun. He took a swift turn up the mayor's drive, climbed the small steps and knocked his scar covered hand on the door.

The Mayor opened the door to have a revolver pointed at his forehead. A sudden panic came over him as he ran into his living room to shut the door. But to no avail, the murderer kicked the door straight down in just a few seconds, he cocked the gun and pointed it towards the Mayor's wife while saying the words "Hello and goodbye". She screamed as the Mayor jumped out to stop him, but instead got a bullet sent right into his brain, supposedly killing him.

The murderer pointed his gun back at the wife, cocked the gun and shot her. The weapon was so loud that the authorities heard it and came to see it, they quickly ran into the room and surrounded the man. One police officer noticed the Mayor lying unconscious on the floor, He was sent to hospital as quickly as possible, the doctors gave the diagnosis as near fatal and the Mayor was lucky to be alive, only the injury left him blind and he lost the ability to move or talk.

The only thing anyone could use to describe his emotions was through his face, and the only expression he ever gave was a face of revenge. Present day, it's been decades since the events of the murder, all that time he had he used to develop his psychic powers to a grand tier. So much that the only thing he ever does is wait and wait until someone says any form of greeting, if any person ever does this, they die.

I am paranoid, I can't leave. There is bad side to being in my family, every two generations of my family has mute males. So all I can do is written to explain anything. If I leave he will get me, I have to stay here. For I am his neighbor, he only lives in the house on the left, he can hear everything I can say. If I do he will kill me.

Because unfortunately the only thing I can ever say, is "Hello". I am writing this to warn you of my town, if you can read this, move. If you are unlucky enough to have read after visiting your new neighbors, it would only be because you have one person you have yet to see. In the house on the left.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets