Skip to main content

My Fiancée's Vacation Days


So, a few days ago my fiancée went on a cruise with some of her friends from high school. They’ve been planning this for years, and she has been saving up money from her job to be able to afford it for quite some time now. She left a few days before the cruise to get on a plane for the Florida Keys, and I’ve had the apartment to myself since then. We live in a one bedroom and one and a half bathroom apartment, so it’s nothing very special, but its home.

Since she left, however, I’ve been experiencing things. Really terrifying, shitty things. At first, I tried to shrug it all off, but it’s built too much. I can’t just mentally write it off anymore. I need to talk about it cause I think something awful is happening to me, and its not just coincidences. It’s something evil.

The first thing that happened was the recurring nightmare. It happened the night before she got on the boat. It was getting late, and after calling her and talking to her for an hour before, I was exhausted. I went to sleep expecting a rather ordinary, if not quitter than usual, night. But instead, I got the nightmare.

It starts with me sitting on the couch, watching a news report. It took me a moment to understand what I was watching, but I quickly realized what the footage onscreen was. It was a burning hulk of a ship in the ocean, devastated by a massive explosion. I watch it sink into the ocean, and then I realize that it’s her ship I’m watching sink. The news report states no survivors. The first night, this is where I woke up.

I turned on a light next to my bed to look at the picture of me and my fiancée to try and cool my nerves. It was a picture of when I proposed to her, it was at the same bar we met at. I got the bartender in on it and everything. He brought us two glasses of wine and the ring was at the bottom of hers. I got on one knee and asked her to marry me, and she said yes. I held her close and the bartender took a picture of us smiling together to commemorate the moment. It was the happiest memory of my life. When I looked at the picture though, she was gone. The only thing next to me was empty space.

At that point, I freaked out for a moment, but I figured I must have been still dreaming, so I went back to sleep. The daytime was normal. I would never hear from my fiancée, since she was in the water now and couldn’t access her cellular plan, so I would spend my days watching TV or hanging out with my friends.
Before I would go to bed, I would look at the picture and it would be fine. Then I would have the nightmare, and wake up, and look at the picture, and she would be gone. After the first few nights, I started waking up not out of fear from the dream, but reflex. And I would instinctively look at the picture and see she wouldn’t be there.

After a week of this, I got annoyed and honestly a bit scared. I decided to break my promised silence with her and sent her an email, asking how the trip was going. I had told her before she left I wouldn’t contact her on the trip, so she could have fun, but I couldn’t shake the bad feeling. So I lied and said I missed her more than expected and wanted to hear from her. She responded after a few hours, and she was fine. She even sent a few pictures of the cruise. At that time, my deepest fears were dismissed, and I felt foolish for worrying about her.

That calm was short lived though. When I went to bed that night, I looked at her picture, and she was gone. Normally, she wouldn’t disappear until after I went to sleep. For a few hours, I was too shaken to sleep, but I eventually fell asleep out of sheer exhaustion. Then, I had the dream again, with the news cast and the sinking ship. Before I woke up this time though, there was a knock at the door of my apartment in the dream. When I woke up and looked at her picture, something new was in it. Near one of the booths in the background of the picture stood a thin, grey figure, with barred teeth and twisted limbs, and piercing red eyes that looked directly into mine. I threw the picture in a panic, and I decided not to look at it again until she got back.

I started avoiding sleeping as much as I could, stayed out late with my buddies, actively avoided watching the news, anything to take my mind off the dream and the picture. I had even hidden the picture away in my dresser so I wouldn’t be tempted to look at it. Every night though, the knocking at the door would get louder, and louder. It would be more panicked, more violent, until I began to fear the door would fly off its hinges in the dream.

Then came the worst night. Last night. The night before she would get home. Her ship had gotten to shore just fine, I had searched every source I could to make sure of it. I couldn’t contact her on her cell though. Or any of her friends. I could call or text anyone else, but not them. I was terrified. I avoided sleeping that night, drank coffee, watched movies and even took caffeine pills to stay awake. But I eventually would crash at around 5 AM, despite my best efforts on the contrary. And the dream was different this time.

This time, in the dream, the TV was off, and my apartment was dark, and I just stared forward into the blackness. It was an unearthly quiet until I heard two calm, ominous knocks on the door. I got up, and walked carefully to the door in the pitch dark and dead silence, and looked through the peephole, and there was the creature, teeth chattering, red eyes staring into mine, and it said something.

“I’ll be home soon”

I woke up screaming. I didn’t sleep after that, and it wasn’t until the first rays of sun came over the horizon that I got the nerve to sit up in bed. When I looked to my left, I saw it. The picture was on my nightstand again.

My fiancée gets back from vacation today, and I couldn’t be more afraid, because in the picture that morning, the monster was holding me, just like she in the original picture, and it was grinning from ear to ear with dirty, bloody teeth.


Credits to: photofreecreepypasta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets