Skip to main content

My Girlfriend's New Friend


My girlfriend has a new friend.

Raquel doesn’t have many friends, not that it bothers her. We both value quality over quantity, but I’m happy that she’s made a new friend. His name is David. I’ll admit, sometimes when she talks about him, I get jealous. But jealously is an awful trait so I push it away and just try and be happy for her. They seem to get on really well.

According to Raquel, David is really clever. According to Raquel, David is really talented. According to Raquel, David is very thoughtful and profound. She tells me they talk about God and the Devil for hours. I try not to get jealous. As an atheist I’ve always found it hard to join in on her deep talks about God and religion.

I met David last week. He seemed nice enough. He seemed okay. But there was something…something about him. I can’t put my finger on it…okay, okay, I can. There’s nothing wrong with him. It’s me. I’m jealous. David doesn’t really seem like Raquel’s type, but, I guess attraction can grow over time…

But what am I saying. Raquel would never cheat on me. But would she leave me for another man? After all the things we’ve been through? I’m not sure. No. Of course she wouldn’t.

Raquel told me, David shares her morbid obsession with serial killers and psychopaths. Raquel said they're going to an abandoned mental hospital together to explore. I told her I didn’t want her to go. She got upset. They didn’t go. I read her text messages to David. She told him I wouldn’t let her go. She told him I was being an asshole. She told him I had anger issues. I didn’t read anymore, I didn’t have to.

Instead I messaged David from Raquel’s phone, pretending to be her. I told him that I had changed my mind, and told him the trip to the abandoned mental hospital was back on. I said I’d meet him there.

When I got there, I could see David sat in his car. He was looking around anxiously. Something felt off. The brick I had brought with me sat on the passenger seat next to me. I held it in my hand, ready. He spotted the car and started walking towards it. I was wearing a black hoodie. He couldn’t see my face.

When he got to the car he froze. He realized it wasn’t Raquel. It was me. I hit him over the head with the brick. It knocked him out automatically but I hit him again just to be sure. I dragged him back to his car. His head was bleeding, thick red blood like jam seeped out into his slightly greasy hair. Luckily it didn’t get on the pavement.

I opened the drivers side of his car, sat him in, upright. Put his hands on the steering wheel, for a laugh. That’s when I noticed it. In the back seats of his car. Rope. Masking tape. A knife. A change of clothes. I left the brick in his car. It was a nice addition to his collection.

I went back home. I apologized to Raquel for not letting her go. She forgave me.

The next day she said she hadn’t heard from David. She said he wouldn’t reply to her texts. She said it was stupid he was ignoring her all because she didn’t go last night. She decided to stop trying to contact him.

I talk about God and the Devil a lot more with Raquel now. We talk about the line between good and evil. We talk about people who worship the Devil whist thinking it is God. I’ve realized I do believe in God, in some sense of the word.

And I believe God and the Devil are just two horns on the same goat.

-Update-

So I’m pretty shocked at how big the story got. The more comments I read, the more I realized I needed to go check if David was alive or not. I was getting paranoid, I was getting anxious, and that wouldn’t do.

I managed to delete the messages from Raquel’s phone. She has one of those old phones where the messages stay in a diffrent folder, so you don’t see the last message you sent. It’s an old phone. I should really buy her a new one. Anyway, I’m assuming she hasn’t read them. I think she would have freaked if she did.

Last night, around 10pm, told Raquel I was going to a friend’s house for a couple of hours. I wore my black hoodie and gloves, just in case David was still there. I got to the abandoned mental hospital. His car was still there. I was almost relieved until I saw them. Two people, looking into his car, they looked…concerned.

I walked up to the car, hiding the bread knife I brought in my pocket. I brought it because it was long. I just hoped it was sharp enough. Then the woman said something along the lines of, "Oh my god…Hi, uh, we think this man might be dead! Have you got a phone? We need to call…" In a very high pitched, annoying, voice. I think she was scared. I pulled out the knife and stabbed her, and grabbed her male friend by the arm just as he went to run. He didn’t even try to help her. But then he was skinny and pretty weak. I stabbed him too and dragged them both into David’s car. It was still unlocked.

Once they we’re in the back next to the brick, my old friend, I threw in the knife too. I went back to my car and grabbed the gasoline and matches that I brought from the trunk. I went back to David’s car and set it on fire. I think the girl was still alive in the back. I can’t be sure. But she’s not anymore.

Anyway, I’m back home now. You’re all probably going to tell me I made another mistake, left some evidence, I don’t know. I feel surprisingly calm about the whole thing.

Just felt like something I had to do. And now I have to buy a new bread knife.


Credits to: sssleep

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets