Skip to main content

Enraged with Fear


Enraged with fear, I sit impatiently staring at the clock. As every second ticks on, I shake even more. I’m awaiting the instructions that never seem to come. I glance at my cell phone, at the clock, then back at the phone.

He was supposed to call five minutes ago, but he hasn’t yet.

She’s waking up. She was supposed to be gone by now! She’s starting to scream through the tape. This went on for what seemed like forever. I begged her to stop, but she wouldn’t. She was making me lose focus.

Finally, just as I was about to snap, the ever so familiar ring tone “Come on Eileen”, started playing. I knew it. “Too-ra-loo-ra-ay.”, I sang along.

I knew he wouldn’t leave me in a time like this. I needed him. I needed him to tell me what to do. He gave me clear instructions.

I grabbed the handsaw and severed her head. Blood went everywhere. I didn’t expect that. I didn’t expect any of this, really. It was never a thought. I just got the call, and I did as I was told. I wrapped her head in clear plastic wrap, and put it in a cooler filled with ice.

As soon as I closed the lid to the cooler, containing her cranium, the police broke down my door. They didn’t give warning or anything. They just broke down the door and came rushing in. One of them saw the body, then saw the cooler. He looked at me with evil eyes. I was so confused, and I must have looked like it, considering the look he gave me afterwards. He slowly opened the cooler, while the others stood staring at me, with their guns pointed at my chest. Once the cop caught sight of what lay beneath the lid, he gasped and stumbled back.

He looked at me, with that evil look again, “Book ‘em!”, he yelled to his comrades.

”No! No! He told me to do this! It was him! He made me do it!!”, I pleaded with them.

They started to mirandize me. They weren’t listening to me. Why weren’t they listening to me?!

”Check my phone! Check the last number that called! It’s him. He made me do it!!!”, I pleaded with them, again, almost crying.

I guess they were just trying to get me to shut up, but they appeased me and looked.

It was the cop who looked in the cooler, that looked at the cell phone. He looked at the other cops and nodded to them. They started putting hand cuffs on me.

”NO! What the hell? What are you doing? Don’t you see the number!?”, I asked, yelling, while trying to break free from their grasp.

He shoved the phone in my face, and yelled, “The last phone call you got was over two years ago!”

He grabbed my shirt collar, and pulled me close to his face. “I’m gonna take you down, sicko!”, he said in a low grunt. ”Get this fucker out of my sight!”, he yelled to his team.

The next thing I remember was waking up here, in this room. It’s not so bad, I guess. I get a bed, food, and a toilet. They won’t let me out, though. I don’t know why. I wonder whatever happened to that girl…I ask about her, but they just look at me with disgust.


Credits to: Courtney W. © (http://x2k5a7yx.tumblr.com/)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets