Skip to main content

Halloween Creepypastas Part 1




TRICK OR TREAT
It had been dark for hours, and their pillowcases were practically overflowing with candy, but Steven and Joey weren’t done quite yet. Most of the houses they walked by in this rural section of town had already turned their lights off. Just when they thought all hope was lost, they spotted a well lit house at the end of a long driveway. By the time they had reached the front door they were exhausted.

As Joey rang the doorbell, a great crack erupted beside the boys and a spooky skeleton sprung out inches from Joey’s face. Steven nearly jumped out of his shoes with shock. “Wow Joey that didn’t even scare you at all! How did you not jump from that?” he asked. Before he finished his sentence, he noticed the pool of blood forming below his friend, coming from the very real knife in the toy skeleton’s hand with a tag reading ‘Trick’ attached. As Steven sprinted down the stairs, blinded by tears, he knocked over the nearly full bowl of candy labeled ‘Treat.’

Credits to: ColinPNewman



HUSH-A-BYE
I had my suspicions when I heard Elizabeth call for me the night after Halloween. Lo and behold, I entered her bedroom and immediately spotted the pile of empty wrappers and uneaten chocolates beneath her nightstand lamp.

“Mommy, I feel nervous.”

That was her code for an upset tummy. Ever since I had explained what “butterflies in my stomach” meant, she always insisted she was nervous instead of sick.

“What did I tell you about the candy, Ellie?”

“I know,” she said in her tiniest voice.

There was nothing to do but sigh at my little sneak-thief. I felt her forehead—warm, but not too bad—then I sat on the bed and started rubbing her stomach while I quietly sang her back to sleep.

“‘Hush-a-bye, don’t you cry, go to sleep, my little baby…’”

I watched her eyelids slowly drift lower.

“‘When you wake, you shall have, all the pretty little horses…’”

Very soon she was breathing deeply and peacefully.

“‘Dapples and grays, pintos and bays, all the pretty little horses…’”

After a few choruses, I reached across to turn off the lamp, but something caught my eye. The dark candy shells seemed to be wriggling. Surely not roaches already?

“‘Hush-a-bye, don’t you cry…’”

My singing faltered. Almost as if they had finally warmed up enough beneath the lamp, the dark shapes flipped and tumbled, sprouted legs and insect-like pincers, then scurried away with quick, scuttling movements.

Before I could make sense of this, Ellie screamed.

“Mommy!”

Beneath my hand, her stomach started writhing, and I yanked my arm back as something pierced through to my palm.

Credits to: MrsManaged

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets