Skip to main content

Halloween Creepypastas Part 12




THE RITUAL OF EIGHT
Peer pressure is like gravity. It pulled seven of us into a graveyard on Halloween night, unable to resist the eighth, with his black hole of an ego. But the real reason we followed Marcus? Because we were bored, stupid kids on Halloween, that’s why.

We should’ve left when Marcus made us wear robes and chant nonsense. I never imagined he’d actually go through with his half-baked ritual to extend our own lives by taking another. But then he did it. While we chanted what he told us was Latin for “out of one, into eight,” Marcus used a dagger to make a ritualistic sacrifice. He killed.

I felt sick for weeks. I couldn’t look in the mirror, and I avoided my “friends.” We all had blood on our hands.

Then the accidents started happening. Lee tripped off the bleachers and snapped her neck. David’s bedroom burned from an overturned candle. Marjorie swerved in front of a bus. Carlos got locked in his basement during a deadly allergic reaction. One by one they died, until only two of us were left.

At last I cornered Marcus outside gym class.

“Fix this, you asshole!”

“Fix what? What’re you talking about?”

I almost punched his smug face. “Have you heard what all these accidents had in common?”

“No. What?”

“Us, for one thing! And cats. A bunch of black cats were seen near each accident, and it’s likely they caused them.”

He shrugged, but his smugness vanished. “So?”

“One sacrificial black cat. Eight of us. I know you’re failing Math, but how many lives does that add up to?”

Finally, I saw fear in his eyes.

Credits to: TerrifiedByTwilight



JUST LIKE IN THE MOVIES
I’ll admit, I was a little nervous. Walking down the street last night, it was exactly like what you’d see in so many cheesy horror movies. Well past midnight on Halloween, a full moon was the only light in the darkness as the wind howled through the trees and sent long-dead leaves flying in its wake. As they fell, they’d create a soft rustle that made you wonder if someone was hiding in the shadows just out of sight. If it were a horror movie, it would have been the exact moment the girl would turn around and let out a blood-curdling shriek when she saw the monster that was creeping up behind her.

Luckily, real life isn’t like the movies. She never saw me coming.

Credits to: ACTUAL_TIME_TRAVELER

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets