Skip to main content

Halloween Creepypastas Part 5




THE PUMPKIN CURSE
“Ain’t no such thing, Miss Elba!”

“Why, Bobby Wilkins. It’s not polite to call folks liars. I oughta take a switch to you.”

“You won’t, ‘cause there ain’t no such thing as a pumpkin curse.”

I hitched up my eyebrow and tried not to smile. I recalled being Bobby’s age, when you started catching on when grownups was teasing. I recalled that thrill of teetering between suspicion and wonder.

While I used my cane to rock in my porch swing, Bobby kept eyeing my prize-winning pumpkin carving.

“G’on then, touch it if you’re so brave,” I said. “But I won’t take no responsibility for your melon head. I ’spect you seen Cinderella?”

“Aw, that was a carriage.”

“Same principle.”

He puffed up his chest. Slowly, he raised his arm, and slowly, he put out his finger, which he brought closer and closer to the leering pumpkin face. Just as he touched it…

THWACK!

I brought my cane down on the porch railing. Hoo-eee, that boy plum near jumped outta his skin!

“Don’t you forget now,” I hollered as Bobby scrambled off the porch and hightailed it for home. “Come back next Halloween, soon as that curse starts workin’. Miss Elba will set you right.”

I imagine he fretted all year, ‘cause sure enough, here he comes now, wobbling up my lane with a swollen head and a withered brown stick of a body. But it was his eyes I saw first, glowing orange in the night.

“Lordy, come in, boy! I know just what to do.”

Indeed I do. My pumpkin carvings ain’t never lost the contest yet. Folks say they’re very realistic.

Credits to: Queenofscots



KIDNAPPED
I’m in a room, lying down on a cold, hard table. I look around to see that there are two others like me, kidnapped, alone, waiting helplessly to be mutilated.

It doesn’t take long before they enter. I have the over whelming fear that I am going to be the first victim, but I get lucky. They choose one of the others.

They discuss what to do with him- and I know he’s just as scared as me. They smile as they’ve come to a concensus, and begin. They draw where they’re going to cut the their victim, making marks all over his body. Then they take out their knife and begin to slice through his flesh.

I watch as they take out his guts, emptying him until he’s just a shell of what he once was. As if that wasn’t enough- as if the guts they’d so carefully placed in a bowl wasn’t enough- the keep cutting him. Putting little patterns in him. It’s disgusting.

Oh so carefully do they place a candle in him, and light it. They take him outside to show everyone their work, and once he’s been placed like a decoration they turn to me. I’m next.

"Now," the biggest one says, "What do you want to do with your pumpkin Tommy?"

Credits to: imminent_47

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets