Skip to main content

It Can Last You A Lifetime

 

I promised Chris that ten thousand pounds can last him a life time. He laughed at my face as he didn't believe me at all. I kept promising him that it could and that I will make sure that ten thousand pounds will last him a life time. I gave him ten thousands and then told him to quit his job. He trusted me and he quit his job. I assumed that the reason he trusted me is because no body had ever given him such an amount of money before. He didn't have to pay me back and I gave it to him on a Friday.

There could be another reason why he quit his job and its because of the ten thousands pounds, and not because he trusted me. I assume that he thought that the ten thousand pounds would last him a couple of months before he finds a new job. I kept telling Chris that he will never need a new job ever again, because the ten thousand pounds I had give him would last him all his life. On Friday he started partying and I assumed he was going to spend it all, and then laugh in my face for being wrong. I am not wrong though.

Ten thousands pounds can last anyone a life time in the 21st century. On Saturday Chris started spending more of the money and he had spent half way through the money already. I was happy that he was enjoying himself and this is how all people should live out their lives. It's been a long time since Chris has enjoyed himself. His wife was angry that he quit his job because he has children to support, but Chris kept talking about me and how I have told him that ten thousand pounds can last him a life time.

On Sunday Chris only had 3k left and he was living it up. He couldn't wait to laugh at my face for being wrong. I kept firm and I kept telling him that ten thousand pounds can last anyone a life time. Chris was getting annoyed but ignored me. On Monday he was all spent up. He woke up to me in his hotel room and I was holding a gun to his face. I then told him "ten thousand pounds can last you a life time Chris, as long as you die on Monday" and I then shot him.

I then phoned his wife and said "He is dead now. I want my money in cash"

 
---
 
Credits

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets