Skip to main content

Secret of Cartoons: A Really Hidden Powerpuff Tape


I'm a total Powerpuff Girls fan much like everyone else, I like all episodes of this show. I don't think I've ever watched glitchy tapes before, though I don't think I want to watch any glitchy tapes after the experience I had...

It started on a nice summer afternoon back in 2000, I was watching Cartoon Network on cable television until I noticed, out of my peripheral vision, that the mailman had arrived and put something in my mailbox as usual and left. I went to see what I got in the mail... The only thing in the Mailbox was a VHS tape and a note. I took it inside.

I looked at the note first and realized it was from my dear friend Mack (Let's just call him that), whom I hadn't heard from in 3 days. I know that because I recognized his handwriting, though what was weird is how it looked; it looked badly written and scratchy and somewhat difficult to read, as if Mack was having a hard time writing it down and did it in a hurry.

This is what he wrote...

"Luke,

I can't take it anymore, I had to get rid of this thing somehow before it was too late, and I was hoping you'd do it for me. I can't do it, they're after me, and if you don't destroy this videotape, they'll come after you too, they're too powerful for me....

Please Luke, destroy this god-forsaken tape before they come after you too, it's too late for me.

Destroy this tape, and you'll destroy them, but do it quick otherwise they'll catch you. Don't even watch this tape, it's what they want, just destroy it.

Please...

Mack"

Well, that was certainly weird. Even though Mack IS my best friend and I haven't seen him in 3 days, I didn't do what he asked me. I didn't think that a simple VHS tape would do anything bad to him, after all it's just a video tape right? Boy, was I wrong about that...

ANY way, I looked at the tape and it looks like any ordinary VHS tape, except it had black marker on it written "Powerpuff Lost Episode", and it was much unlike Mack's handwriting, meaning that he must've gotten it from someone else, like a pawn shop or eBay. When I saw "Powerpuff Lost Episode" on the writing of the VHS, I was actually excited and wanted to watcg it, since I'm a BIG PPG fan.

I went up to my room, inserted that tape to the VHS, and then the TV screen showed the 1979 Hanna-Barbera Present logo, but the star was red and the music was really creepy, going upwards in pitch. Then, it went to the standard PPG episode ending from "Dream Scheme", no credits, no title screen, no nothing. Then, when the music finished, the "THE END" sign did not appear, causing the girls to stay on screen. The pulsating hearts also moved out completely, leaving nothing but a pink background.

When my father came in with a baked apple pie, the TV screen shot a laser at him, causing him to fall down and die, the apple pie breakind into pieces. I then cried at his death, and the TV screen shot a laser at another TV, causing the TV to break.

Then, the TV screen shot two lasers, one at the bedroom, the other to my mother. The first laser made the bed rotate and damage parts of my bedroom, while the other laser hit my mother, causing her to have a headache and fall down. The Ambulance arrived and carried my mother to the hospital. The TV then shot a laser at my Nintendo 64, causing it to break. I was then scared.

The TV jumped and shot an extremely large laser at the windows, causing the whole house to fall down and collapse, except for the TV at the coffee table. I said "Oh No! My house is gone!". The TV set shooted really, really large orange lasers at my neighborhood's houses, causing their people to move out and their houses to burn.

I then screamed and said "Aww, man! First, my house and now, the neighborhood."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets