Skip to main content

Secret of Cartoons: Cow and Chicken, the Cursed Episode


It was a chance for a fresh start, with the old director leaving with the events of the Boston Bomb scare, he'd been replaced. He never really like me so I was hoping that it'd be different this time. Around two days after we got the new director, he had requested me and 3 other cartoon designers to meet in a room on the 7th floor of the building. This was the first time I'd been in one of these as they were normally used for business, so I knew it was important.

Now within entry, I noticed it was different then I expected. It had a large TV with a VHS underneath it. Their was a long, colorless table, and on top of it was a box full of old VHS tapes, some bags of potato chips and energy drinks. On further inspection their was a note on top of the pile and a sheet of paper. The note read this

"Dear cartoon designers,

I have requested you here as I have began considering re-making and re-vamping the series of "cow and chicken" Now if this idea goes through, I need the designers to be familiar with the series so I would like you to watch through these tapes and familiarize with the story and series.

Signed- Stuart Snyder"

Now on reading this we were all very excited, as we loved the classic series of cartoons. The sheet of paper was a list of all the episodes realised. In total their were 39 episodes in total.

Now it had been 7 hours since we first entered the room, we had watched almost all of season 1 and 2, but as my co-workers rummaged through the box he handed me a tape, saying, "Never heard of this one, is it on the list?"

As he handed it me I noticed some key features on it, first of all it didn't have a neat little stickers. Just a white piece of paper cello taped on, and the name was written in what appeared to be a black marker, the name of the episode was:

"The devils fall"

As I checked through the list, I noticed it wasn't on here, so I asked one of the 3 other designers to search a list of episodes (He had his laptop with him because he was making notes so we didn't forget any key aspects of it). So he searched and checked 4 lists and none of them listed it, so we shrugged it off and were about to move on when we suggested watching it for the sake of it, so we did.

Now within starting it up, nothing was different, but that wouldn't stay that way for long. At the start it played the same old jolly theme song and introduction, now as it displayed the logo, it showed cow with dark red eyes and a smug face, while chicken was normal other then he's whited out eyes. As we continued watching we noticed some strange things, first of all it had no color, and the audio was mostly silent, but when it wasn't it sounded like a little girl, saying phrases such as:

"He hurt me." and "Help me, he's after me."

As the episode started playing, the view was switching between cows view of the street and the street looking up at cow. As she stepped away from the window it showed her hands, covered in hyper-realistic blood, which was the only color on the episode.

As it zoomed out further it showed.. what appeared to be chicken, with blood dripping down from his throat.. with a blooded dagger nearby. Cow bent down and picked it up, and slowly began walking down the corridor of her upstairs floor, as she walked past her parents room, on the floor lied her mother, well what was shown in the show, with a pool of blood surrounding her.

As she went down the stairs she went into the kitchen , were her dad was their, suffering the same fate of his wife and son, she excited the house, walking down the street, as this was happening the screen began flickering with pictures of what appeared to be hyper-realistic bodies.

As cow came to a stop the screen stopped flickering and the bodies shown appeared around cow, as she plunged the knife through her throat, making most of us feel sick. The noises switched to static and the camera panned up, zooming further out and showing what appeared to be a goat, this image became real and sounds of laughing could be heard, the screen cut to static and stayed for the rest of duration.

We all just sat their,not knowing what to do and refusing to carry on the rest, finally and got my head around it and stood up, removing the tape, and taking it to the director.

The day after all of my co-workers left, leaving me, and making the director choose the decision of not continuing with the re vamp..

As two months had passed, word had reached me of all my co-workers suffering the same fate the characters had.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets