Skip to main content

Midnight Rendezvous-Day 10


God, I can't believe...I can't believe this is happening.

Jan...Jan is dead...

I guess I should start from the top.

God, my hands are shaking just typing this damn post.

The day before I made that last post, I decided to put my foot down and investigate once and for all what the hell was going on with Janphen and his little recluse phase. I decided to go forth after giving Bushy his nightly feedings.

As I walked down to his home, so many questions were spinning in my mind.

What happened to us? What happened to him? Why is he behaving this way? What could possibly have caused such a drastic change in him? What did he mean by me knowing where, who or WHAT Pops is? Does he know something about Pops that I don't?

And where the hell are his parents? They should at least be around worrying about their son being like a fuckin' hermit crab at home and call in the shrink or the exorcist or whatever, not going MIA all of a sudden!

So there I was, in front of Jan's house and rang the doorbell and banged at the door for the umpteenth time. Thank goodness for neighbours who minded their own business, or I would've been seen creating scene at the time.

Though after what happened...I had wished they were a little nosy...

When I tried the door, it was surprisingly open this time, unlike the last few times when I find it locked. I entered and called out for Jan's parents.

No dice.

I called Jan's name.

No go either.

There was this really awful smell going about in the house. Like something just died and rot in a corner or whatever. I reached for the lights to turn it on so that I can see better.

I wish I wasn't right about what I thought it was, and I wish that I had not turned on the lights.

His folks were sitting at the dining table as if having a family supper, just without Janphen there. They seemed to be arranged like they were leaning back against their seat, their eyes rolled up to the back of their heads and their mouths agape into a frozen scream of horror.

They were gutted like fucking fish and the guts were arranged onto the dinner plates placed before them, part of it still linked into the cavity of where their innards were supposed to be. Blood was everywhere on the dining table and on their clothes. And I don't need to be a genius to see that the content in the wine glasses served on the table was not red wine.

I fought the urge to scream and run, or to puke my guts out because the thought of Janphen was on my mind. The first place I thought would be his room, so I made a run for it upstairs and banged at his door.

The door gave way, creaking open as if it hadn't been closed properly.

How I wish I had obeyed the urge to run.

I saw him, hanging on the ceiling by a power cord around his neck. He looked like he hadn't eaten or slept in days judging by the malnourished look on his face, and he was pale as hell. He wore the same clothes he was wearing when I came to visit him, and his room was littered with pieces of paper with just this symbol of a crossed-out circle.

It was all over the place, littered on the walls, on the floors, on the bed and drawn with some sort of white paint on his computer screen. He even had some of those blasted symbols stuck onto his body.

But that wasn't the freaky part.

He. Was. Smiling.

He was hanging by his neck on the ceiling and his eyes were rolled up his head like his rents were and he was fucking smiling!

Like he was fucking happy that he was dead!

I heard some sort of rustling sounds outside his window and that fucking broke me out of my trance. I quickly made a run for it out of the house and finally puked and hurled onto the grass outdoors. After puking out the last of the bile, I took out my cellphone and called the police.

It was a long process of questioning and writing report and whatnot, but it was finally over. I went home with Momma and she offered to make me something to drink to calm my nerves, but for once, I didn't shout at her to fuck off and mind her own business, but said "No, thanks" and went to my room. I wasn't in the mood and I had no appetite anyways.

Janphen...My best friend...

My ONLY friend...

Is dead...

Please....

Please...

Tell me this is all a dream...

Please...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets