Skip to main content

School of Wizardry-Part 3 (Apprentice)


APPRENTICE

Prologue
You know what they say - practice makes perfect. Let's see if you can hone some of those magic skills!

Chp1: Learn to ride a flying broom
Uncle Mortimer has promised that tomorrow he'll start to give you flying lessons on his broom. In the non-human world, an enchanted broom with an invisibility charm is pretty much the fastest way to get around!

Chp2: Back to non-wizard school...
You've never been so happy to be back at school. Math is no fun, but at least it's better than being chased by goblins and getting lost in the Mystical Forest.

Chp3: Practice magic - practice makes perfect!
You can safely levitate objects, but its time to conjure some fire! Uncle Mortimer reminds you that wizards all possess different levels of magical ability and all mature at different ages. Can you do it?

Chp4: Read more History of Magic - Portsville
Turns out that Portsville is the gateway between the wizard world and the human world. For centuries the Elder Wizards have guarded this gateway.

Chp5: Practice flying on Uncle Mortimer's broom
You're a little unsteady at first, but after a few passes in the sky on your broom, its almost second nature. It's a clear day so you decide to take a swooping pass over the Mystical Forest. To your amazement you can see unicorns in a clearing near the Wizard Gateway.

Chp6: Do homework Uncle Mortimer assigns you about magical creatures
After you tell Uncle Mortimer about the unicorns, he assigns you some reading on magical creatures. Near gateways between worlds, sometimes creatures accidentally cross over. These unicorns have wandered over. Likewise, there have been stories in the wizard world about these mystical human creatures called squirrels that have been spotted from time to time.

Chp7: Learn to duel
Uncle Mortimer shows you the basic spells and wand techniques that you need to defend yourself in the event that you're attacked by another wizard. You try to stun your Uncle, but for an old man, he's faster than he looks! Somehow you end up dangling upside down numerous times.

Chp8: Go to the secret magic shop in the middle of town on the way home
In the corner of the town square is an old small shoe repair shop. You and Uncle Mortimer walk in and continue to the back of the shop. To your amazement the small looking shop is actually quite large. A spell has been put on the shop to appear tiny from the outside!

Chp9: Buy wizard robes and head home after a long day out
According to Uncle Mortimer, a wizard always needs a nice set of wizard robes. On top of looking quite snazzy, the robes, depending on the material, provide a layer of protection against most basic charms. Most offer invisibility from non-wizards at night. Now that you have a robe, maybe you'll get your own broom for Christmas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets