Skip to main content

Infected Town: Series One (Part 6)

 https://i.ytimg.com/vi/AjHEiWvaaLw/hqdefault.jpg 

Hello all. Alex here. I’m making Jess relax while I update you quickly. She’s very stressed out about all this, and I have to say, I’m beginning to see why. Dean is one of my favorite people, but I didn’t know the girls very well before this. I guess, at the least, I made a new friend.

We’re compiling a list of your suggestions, for ideas on what to do. Jess is adamantly opposed to returning to Dean’s apartment, but now she has this desire to go check out Samantha’s place.

I don’t quite understand this. I want to spend more time at Dean’s and look under the bed but she really doesn’t want to go. And I don’t want to go alone, or bring someone else into this. It’s strange, but I feel that the fewer people that go into that place, the better. If only because of mold spores.

As per your advice, we called the police. Again. They’re getting annoyed, it seems. Jess told them what she saw under the bed, but they pretty much accused her of an overactive imagination. They also say we have no business entering that building or the apartment without permission from the tenants. As for the mold problem, they suggested calling the managers because there’s nothing they can do about it.

I don’t think we should involve the police again, and Jess agrees. I don’t want to get arrested for trying to help my friend.

But we did try to get in touch with the manager of the apartment building. Called a number of times. No response. I can’t imagine he doesn’t already know about the mold.

Again, I really think we should go back there with a weapon and some masks to prevent spores from getting into our lungs. I would like to talk to the neighbors. I’m currently trying to convince Jessica, so we’ll see how that pans out.

Here's the honest truth: I don’t think anything supernatural is going on here. I don't think the "supernatural" exists. But that doesn’t mean it isn’t dangerous. Jess seems to actually be entertaining ideas of poltergeists and monsters. That’s ridiculous. I don’t like that nonsense being put into her head. She’s a bit unstable at present. I don’t know what she thinks she saw under that bed, but it wasn’t the boogeyman.

I must admit, though, the journal is weird.

Here is the album we made of it

I don’t want to speculate as to who wrote it, but it is not in Dean’s handwriting. Okay, honestly I have a feeling Lisa wrote it. She’s always gravitated towards weird, dark things. Personally, I believe she did it for a bit of a laugh. Jessica is taking this really seriously though.

Again, if you could stop getting in her head with all your salt and holy water nonsense, I’d appreciate it. She says you’re helping. I don’t think so.

To make matters worse, last night she found something in her purse that she says shouldn’t be there. Some kind of little pouch filled with herbs and a piece of paper. She has no idea how long it’s been in there (girls don’t clean their purses apparently). But she’s freaking out over it. I don’t think it’s related to this, but she insists I post it here.

To me, it looks like a bag of pot pourri she threw in and forgot about. Despite the fact that it smells terrible.

Here’s the bag before we opened it

And here is the piece of paper inside

Oh, and Dean hasn’t replied since his late night text last night. I stayed up trying for a bit, texting from her phone, but got no response.

I know this is a bit anticlimactic for all of you, as far as updates go. But perhaps you can put your brilliant collective mind to work on that journal. I’m curious as to what language it’s in.

Cheers. We’ll let you know if we come across anything else. 

---

Credits

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets