Skip to main content

Infected Town: Series One (Part 4)

 https://i.ytimg.com/vi/AjHEiWvaaLw/hqdefault.jpg 

I wish I’d never gotten into this. I wish I’d never started digging. I don’t know exactly what’s going on, but something really fucked up is happening.

First thing, last time I mentioned the voicemail I’d left on Samantha’s phone. I said I could hear the phone vibrate as I was getting closer. Someone brought up that this would be impossible, since the phone would have stopped ringing by the time the VM picked up. So, yeah. What that buzzing noise was, I have no fucking clue. I listened to it again. It does sound like a phone vibrating on a hard surface. Is there anything else that might sound like this??

So, as I mentioned, last night Dean texted me around me one AM. I was groggy and exhausted, so I didn’t respond to him. I turned my phone on silent and fell almost instantly back to sleep as soon as I’d edited my last post.

When I woke up this morning, I had a bunch of missed texts from Dean. At first, before I read them, I was almost excited. Maybe he was finally going to explain what the fuck was going on. But my hopes were dashed almost instantly.

These were in the same group chat that started this whole debacle. Samantha’s phone had died last night, and I had it, so clearly she wasn’t responding. Here’s the transcript:

Dean: Come over.

[Five minutes later]

Dean: Come over.

[Two minutes later]

Dean: Come over.

Dean: Come over.

[They’re in pretty rapid succession at this point. I feel like crying.]

Dean: Come over now!

Dean: Come over, Jessica.

Dean: I have sinryibhk to show you.

Dean: Come over.

Dean: I’m with Samantha. I’m wiatign for you.

Dean: COME OVER.

Dean: COME OVER.

Dean: COME OVER.

[Half an hour passes]

Dean: See you soon.

That was all he said last night. This morning I woke up early, saw the messages, and immediately called him. No answer. I’ve become so accustomed to his voicemail message, I can recite it.

So I decided to play this fucked up little game. I’m getting sick of not having any answers. I texted him back.

Me: Are you okay??

[It took a good fifteen minutes for a response. I’d almost become resigned to not hearing back from him. But then my phone buzzed. I’m not exaggerating when I say my hands were shaking almost too hard to pick it up. One new message from Dean.]

Dean: I want to show you something.

Me: What is it?? Why are you being so fucking weird?? Where are you?? I’m not coming over unless you answer my questions! You’re seriously freaking me out.

Dean: Everything is fine. I am fine. I read ykou story online.

Me: You did? Is that what this is about? Dean, please say something to reassure me you’re okay.

Dean: If there was a real supernatural. If it was real. I don’t think it would be like anything we know. It’s not like Supernatural.

Dean: But I kjsk to go. I’ll see you later.

Me: No! Please explain! Are you in trouble?

Dean: I just can’t talk here.

[Then he sent me this picture. I’ve never seen that place before in my life. It doesn’t look like his apartment building, but I’ve never been to the basement there.]

Me: Where are you?? Are you mad at me for posting our conversation online? I changed your name and didn’t give any details. Is that what this is about??

Dean: It’s scaring me.

Me: What is????? What happened to me in your apartment? It was probably my imagination.

Dean: Not your story. It’s fsnse. I am fine.

Me: Dean, if this is you, you need to be safe. ARE YOU IN TROUBLE???

Dean: If there was a real supernatural. If it was real. I don’t think it would be like anything we know. It’s not like Supernatural.

[This is not a typo. He sent that same text twice.]

Me: Okay, the world isn’t like Supernatural. What does that mean?

Dean: Did Samantha tell you?

Me: Tell me what?

[A couple minutes pass with no response.]

Me: Please, Dean, if you’re both just messing with me, please stop. It’s really scaring me. I filed missing persons reports on you guys!

[Dean sends me this picture]

Dean: I’m just telling you.

It’s been hours since then. I texted him multiple times and there’s been no response.

So, needless to say, I started this morning by freaking out. I called the police again and talked to the same cop, Robins. He said these texts sound like my friends are just messing with me and they’re probably fine. I brought up the idea of a someone with Dean’s phone and he said “We’ll keep that in mind. Just don’t give him any personal information in regards to your whereabouts.” He told me if he texts me again, just don’t reply. So, thanks Officer Robins.

You guys, this is all very unlike Dean. And Samantha can’t leave her phone alone for more than half an hour, so the fact that she hasn’t tried to get it from me is disturbing on its own.

I needed help. I needed someone who knew Dean and Samantha like I did, who would think this as weird as I do. The only person I really knew who was good friends with Dean was his friend from college. Keeping with the Supernatural TV show theme, let’s call him Cas.

I didn’t want to call Cas. I don’t know him very well, but I had nowhere else to turn. So I did.

It took about an hour to explain everything. I had him read through these posts and, after copious assurances that this was not a joke, he finally admitted he hasn’t spoken to Dean in quite some time. And Dean wasn’t returning his calls or texts, either. He seemed concerned. But he also seemed curious, and ended up insisting that we visit Dean’s apartment again.

I didn’t want to, guys. Who in their right mind would? But I did. And I saw something that made me really question what exactly I’m involved with now. I don’t think this is a serial killer. I don’t think my friends are lost or left town.

After all, if there was a real supernatural, I don’t think it would be like anything we know.

I think I’m going to leave our exploration of the apartment for the next update, or this will become too long. I’ll post more in a little bit. Thanks again for all your help. I don’t know what I'm doing anymore. 

---

Credits

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets