Skip to main content

Secret of Cartoons: Dora's Lost Episode


Used to love Dora when I was a little girl. I honestly don't like her at all now, but when my cousin Lauren asked me to babysit her eighteen-month old son, Lucas, I decided that Dora would entertain him for a bit.
We watched a few episodes on an old DVD I found in my baby box. We were having a great time and I realized it was time for Lucas's nap. So I paused the TV and put him to bed. After he was asleep I went back to turn off the TV. The second I walked into the room I heard the intro. I thought, "Huh, I thought I paused it." Ah well, I decided another episode couldn't hurt. After all, I wasn't doing so well in Spanish.

I sat down on the sofa and fiddled with one of Lucas's little toy cars. I wondered what episode of Family Guy (my favorite show) they would be on that day when a blast of static interrupted my thoughts. I grabbed the remote and muted it quickly, then when it stopped turned it to 1.

Dora was speaking but she had a grim expression on her face rather than her usual friendly smile. She said "Hello. Today we are going to learn about a monkey's body." Her voice was male. I was a bit confused. Suddenly her eyes turned hyperrealistic and bloody. I fought the urge to touch the screen to be sure it was just an image.

She grinned hugely. I shuddered as I saw her smile grow larger. Her teeth were sharp and her eyes were suddenly tiny. I saw a flash of something. I nervously played it back and saw a mutilated kitten. I gasped and tears filled my eyes. I'm usually only emotional when I get angry, but I LOVE kittens. I looked at it and realized it wasn't a kitten, but MY cat Stitch. Seeing my sweet baby like this made me sob. I clutched my Brian Griffin plush and it began playing all by itself. It was like something made me watch this.

I saw Dora grab Boots's ear and slowly and graphically tear his face off. "Ugh!" I exclaimed. I hadn't been this disgusted since I read that Cupcakes fanfic.

I hugged my Brian as Boots howled. I was crying hysterically. I heard lots of other ripping and screaming noises but I was too afraid to watch. I sat huddled under a blanket until the noise stopped.

"It's over." I thought. "Oh my god, how awful."

Still holding Brian I emerged from the blanket and ran to the bathroom. I vomited enough to feed an army.

I turned off the TV, grabbed Lucas, and immediately dialed 911.

Lauren and Jonathan came home in a rush and I explained to the police what had happened. I reluctantly showed them the video and they were revolted. I insisted they destroy it but they instead recalled every copy of the video. Surprisingly, only a few had the disturbing video. I was taken to therapy to get over the trauma.

I honestly don't know what has become of the video. All I can remember was sitting in the police office, hugging Brian and begging them to destroy it.

If you ever come across the video, PLEASE, I'm begging you, contact the authorities. This has scarred me for life and I don't want it to happen to you too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets