Skip to main content

Secret of Cartoons: Happy Tree Friends: False Alarm Dark Secrets


I have always loved this show called Happy Tree Friends, because of the characters. My favorite one is Petunia.

"False Alarm" is a controversial real-life bootleg tape featuring an unaired HTF episode. Like the long lost but recently discovered "Remains to be Seen", False Alarm was created by a now imprisoned American animator who intended to pass the tape off as an unaired episode and featured the death of Nutty.


I decided to go watch it. Unfortunately, it was corrupted, and I could not get any further than the introduction; and when I did, all I saw was a mess of colors and heard a strange loud-ass fuzzy sound, like radio static. I tried watching it multiple times; different sites for each one. Unfortunately, it was still the same; Color mess, static sound.

What the fuck is this shit, I thought. I almost got pissed, but I decided to just shut it off and go to bed (because it was getting late). The dream I had was unpleasant. I could see Undead Petunia in my room. I was acting like a coward 10 year old curled up in my blankets as I could hear her moaning around my room. Thank Eris it wasn't long before I woke up.

I watched it again, and it wasn't the mess of colors and fuzzy sound like before.

In this episode, Nutty happily walks down the road and eats a large lollipop in one bite. He giggles as the sugar courses through his system, but he is soon saddened that his sugary treat is gone. He is beckoned into an alley by Lifty and Shifty, both wearing trench coats and their trademark grins. The greedy duo offer Nutty an entire dump truck full of candy, which Nutty eagerly accepts, tossing them a wad of cash to seal the deal. Nutty opens his arms wide as the dump truck opens and the mountain of candy begins tilting towards him.

The view suddenly cuts to an emergency room where Sniffles, a doctor, looks at an x-ray of Nutty's stomach, which has been pierced by candy canes and other various candies. Later, a bandaged Nutty sighs happily as he has made a full physical recovery. He becomes confused, however, as a door closes on him and he finds himself locked in a padded room. From a security monitor, we see Nutty go through various episodes of sugar withdrawal including laughing maniacally, crying uncontrollably, screaming in distress, and making an ice sculpture of a candy cane with a chainsaw. Eventually, Nutty kicks the door down and emerges a changed squirrel, now sporting a full head of hair, a tie, and no longer wearing candy as a wardrobe or sporting a lazy eye. He and Sniffles shake hands, happy at the progress Nutty has made.

Nutty walks down the street again, and is once more beckoned by Lifty and Shifty who stand in an alley. Once more they offer Nutty candy, but this time he refuses, having been rehabilitated. Undeterred, they show Nutty some video games and some controllers, which seem to capture Nutty's interest. Later, at Nutty's house, we seem him playing video games with the same interest he had in the candy he once loved.

Time goes by and Nutty remains in his house playing video games, not even going outside to collect his mail. After about a year of playing, Nutty now looks more like his former self (minus the lazy eye), with gaming controllers, rather than candy, decorating his body. One day, one of his video game consoles breaks down and Nutty grows agitated. He exits his house and is blinded by the sunlight. He sees Lifty and Shifty's van, filled with video game equipment, which were stolen, as he rushes over to get all the equipment, they deceive him and drive off.

Then it cuts to black. Slowly fading in, is a picture of Nutty looking very upset, inverted colors and looking very wavy. Then it went to bars and tones. Then it cut to another part I never heard of.

Petunia was turned away from the camera, so I couldn't see her face. She turns to look at the camera, and what I saw... well... I didn't see that one coming.

Her tail was fuzzy, and half of her face was gone. Not like it was torn off or anything, but just not there. Just blood where it should have been.


She wore an expression similar to that of a zombie. She even looked like a blue zombie skunk. The other half of her head was splashed with some disgusting green slime. Think of Remains to be Seen. You get the idea. Her eyes were some light shade of blue, which scared me.


Oh god, I almost wanted to turn my PC off so I wouldn't have to see this again!

It then cut to a picture of Nutty, but he freaked me out.

He wore an expression of unspeakable malice and insanity. His mischievous grin went all the way up to his eyes, and his hair went all the way down to his shoulders. He had claws, long enough, and they looked sharp enough to cut one's head clean off.

Then it cut to the credits, but with no music.

The moral was nothing.

I was relieved. I told Ken Navarro about this, and he told me that he doubts that such an episode was ever produced.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets