Skip to main content

Pasta Player: A Game I Thought I Was Done With


If you look on the internet, you'll find a massive amount of people claiming to have seen weird stuff in San Andreas. Bigfoot, Leatherface, UFO's, ghosts, you name it.

By the time I heard about these "myths", I decided to start playing the game again. I searched, searched, searched, and searched until I couldn't take it anymore. Then I searched some more. Nothing.

Somehow I knew from the start that I wouldn't be able to find anything; it was all bullshit. In disappointment and frustration, I stopped playing the game.

A couple of weeks after, I felt the need to start playing again. After driving around for a couple of hours, I asked myself: "Why is the number 69 everywhere in this game?" It wasn't really something I had thought of before. I looked it up on the internet, and everyone saw it as some kind of joke, put in by the developers as a sex reference.

But for me it was something more than that; I became obsessed with the number. I looked EVERYWHERE, and found the locations of all the 69s in the game. Every last one of them. I marked them on maps, drew lines, made connections. I came up with some very strange facts. For example, in the Lil' Probe Inn, there are pictures of UFO's. Nothing strange about that, right? Guess how many of them there were. 69. SIXTY NINE. There was also something off with the amount of 69's in the game. You guessed right; there are 69 instances of 69 in the game.

Isn't that just a little too perfect for just being a sex joke, I asked myself, over and over to the screen. At this point I felt like I was talking to myself. I was trying to convince myself that the number was evil. That was the last thing I remembered before I fell asleep. I think I had been up for far more than 30 hours.

After sleeping very uncomfortably in my chair for about 20 hours, I was awakened by the wind slamming my window shut. For a while I was very confused about why I wasn't sleeping in my bed. Then it all came back; 69! I instantly felt the need to continue the search. I turned on the computer, which I had managed to turn off in my sleep. While the computer loaded up, I took a look at the clock which had just turned 18:09. The fact that I had slept for over 20 hours irritated me.

Logging into Windows, I started going through the stuff that I had been writing down before I had fallen asleep. Something wasn't right. The map I had used to draw lines between the 69's was much more complex than before. It now had many, many more lines. Lines that resembled weird symbols, crossing into each other, forming some sort of crude circle, which I was sure I had seen before. There was also a location marked with red on the map. Could I have done all this extra work in my sleep, or did the file... change itself? I didn't want to think about it, instead, I started up San Andreas.


The next day, I uninstalled the game.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets