Skip to main content

Pasta Player: Dream Explorer


I was walking out of school when something caught my eye. A USB drive... I picked it up and it said, "Hello
wink emoticon," on it. Foolishly, I took it home and plugged it into my computer. It held only a game titled "Dream Explorer". I loaded it up. It was a black screen and I thought that it was broken until a loud screech happened and in bold white letters DREAM EXPLORER came up. I recognised the music as the original music from Lavender Town in pokemon. I assumed this was made by a student for a medi studies assignment and I decided to give it 5 minutes and give it to the lost and found tomorrow.

I couldn't walk back to school now. It had a button saying new dream so I pressed enter starting the game. Everything went silent, and then a room faded in. I soon realised the game was similar to the game LSD Dream Emulator in graphics and gameply feel. I went to a door and it opened. I looked around the corner and there was a TV showing a rather amusing stick figure animation. A noise from behind my character made me turn around. i saw nothing. When I looked back towards the TV it was a lamp. I figure it was because with dreams nothing hardly ever stays the exact same. I went into the next room. It was a bathroom. I walked up to the mirror and saw myself in it. I looked up and saw that my webcam was off. I tried closing the game but it didn't work. To make things worse my face started melting off. I checked my real face and thankfully it was still in place.

Thats when I realised behind me in the game was a creature that resembled slenderman. I turned around in real life fast and thankfully saw nothing. Causing my character to do a 360 fixed the issue then my character fell into a room full of mirrors. thats when the game itself closed down. The next day I was holding the USB ready to hand it into the ladies at the office when a kid who appeared to be in grade 12 came up to me and asked where I found this USB. I said it was on the ground. I asked him about the mirrors he said he was planning to implement a webcam mirror feature resembling what I saw but he never even started working on it. Till this day I don't know what the deal with the game was but at least my computer was never effected.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets