Skip to main content

Midnight Rendezvous-Entry 28

Things have gotten a little outta hand today.

Bart lost control, no, lost his mind was the better word.

Harrigon was investigating something about the missing baby's case when it happened. It was one of those night rounds he did when he thinks he's got a lead on something in his case, though I couldn't be bothered since I was busy checking to see if there are any new updates on Marble Hornets and doing more Slendy research from this blogger who thinks she's a Slenderman guru or something.

Anyways, there was this super huge commotion going on, and I, as the manager's Fix-it guy and sorta right-hand man, had to go check it out. That's when I saw Bart being subdued by Harrigon. Bart looked like he was in some kinda Texas Chainsaw Massacre nightmare or something with his hands, face and shirt covered in blood, and beside them was his famous titanium-forged baseball bat he often took pride of during his patrols, looking like it had been used as a meat cleaver.

The victim of his battery, so to speak, was lying by the pool, bloody and whacked beyond recognition. If it weren't for that special band that says he's Type-2 diabetic, I wouldn't have known that the victim was Williams from 8th floor. He's a bit tall for his age (he's roughly in junior high, I think) and from what I heard, he's the school rep for the swim team. From the looks of it, Bart had made an absolute mash potato number outta Williams and the pool is gonna be one helluva cleanup for me.

But that wasn't entirely the disturbing part.

The disturbing part was what Bart said when he was taken away.

Harrigon: You are under arrest, Mr. Slake…

Bart: Don't you see? Don't you see him? He's right there! He's the guy!

Harrigon: You have the right to remain silent…

Bart: I swear to God! That's him! He did it! he did all the killings and kidnappings! He's the guy!

Harrigon: Anything you say will be used against you in the court of law…

Bart: Fuck, would you just shut up and listen to me?! It's him! Can't you see? I'm doing you a goddamn favour…

Harrigon: What you did is bash up a 15-year-old kid who's just out for a swim, you sick fuck! Now shut up and…

Bart: He's right there! HE'S RIGHT THERE!! CAN'T YOU SEE HIS FUCKING LIMBS?! THOSE WEIRD STUFF ON HIS BACK?! ARE YOU FUCKING GODDAMN BLIND?!
(he tried struggling towards the body to try and show Harrigon whatever it was that he saw, but Harrigon gave it to him in the nuts)

Harrigon: You know what? You don't deserve the Miranda Rights. You're gonna burn for this, asshole.

Bart:
(he was dragged by the feet as soon as backup came) Can't you see…? Can't you see it…? Can't you guys see anything…? Look at his face, man…His FACE…!

All I see was of what was left of Williams' spongy face after Bart done him in. But limbs…? Weird stuff on his back…?

Harrigon: You good there, kid?

Me: Yeah, I'm cool, officer.

Harrigon: Hold off the cleanup until after the geek squad is done, OK?
(that's his code name for the crime scene forensic team)

Me: Sure, no prob. Standard procedure, I get it.

He still hadn't decided whether I'm a boy or a girl. I'm just gonna keep him guessing, heh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets