Skip to main content

Midnight Rendezvous-Entry 22

Right, from now on, I'm just gonna stop counting days now. It's not like I'm really counting anyways.

Anywho, I've finally gotten myself a new place to stay and hide out. It's not much, and it's a little close to the L-train tracks, but it's better than nothing. And besides, I get to work right where I live.

That's right, I got a job at a rent-controlled apartment. A girl's gotta eat, ya know.

I get to live in this apartment for free, in exchange for helping the manager to be the Fix-it guy around here, since I'm pretty good with tools somehow, and the tips I earn will be enough to help me get by with food and anything I wish to buy to furnish my place. It's a bit of a sorry excuse for a home, but it's still home nonetheless. Beggars can't be choosers.

The best part is that there are lonely old cronies who live here and would pay me extra to help them get around their home and gladly feed my pie hole just to keep them company and listen to their boring good-ol'-days stories.

Anyways, I managed to snag as much relevant items as possible from Jan's place before I went lickety-split outta there. A bit of trinkets here and there, whatever I could salvage that the police didn't grab from Jan's computer, and surprise, surprise! Jan's diary too. I never knew he was a diary writer. No wonder he wanted me to have a blog diary all of a sudden.

Of all my entries, I bet you never knew how Jan became my one and only friend, huh?

Well, technically it all started a few months after the "visitations" stopped. I was outside playing with my toys and he just somehow approached me with his lunchbox on tow. He asked me if I wanted a lemon drop, and we've been friends ever since.

I'm not an approachable person, to tell the truth. There is something about people that I don't seem to like, something that makes me want to just choke the life out of them so that they'll leave me alone. Call me anti-social or whatever, but as you can tell from my interactions with the principal the last time in my previous entry, you can more or less tell that it was my best civil behavior I could muster. Any given time, it would've been the principal instead of that random sap I grabbed that would've had his head bashed in.

Which reminds me of…

Nah, never mind. Like I said, you don't wanna know.

Seriously, don't ask.

Anyways, surprisingly I don't feel that way towards Jan. He was everything I wasn't—friendly, outgoing, full of life, happy-go-lucky and a bit of a jokester and a flirt at heart. Everything that I despised on everyone was on him, and yet I could not feel a single aversion from him. It was almost like he was my polar opposite, like he completed me somehow, and that's how we tolerated each other.

That's right, I said "tolerate", coz even though we were never really at each other's throats, deep down inside, we somehow knew that we could never be friends, no matter how hard we try. And it was something we both silently acknowledged. An unwritten agreement.

But that doesn't mean we can't lust for each other.

Friends with benefits. That's what we are.

Well, were.

Phew, I hadn't written this much in a while. I guess I miss him.

And Bushy.

Well, time to clean the fountain. Cya later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets