Skip to main content

My Best Friend, Bernard


    I did not like how my parents treated me like a little kid. I would be seven this week so they should listen to me! I had always told this to Bernard. Bernard was my best friend in the whole wide world, and he even helped me pick out my dresses. Though he was really old he could take all my horse-play and rough housing. But then my parents wouldn’t let me bring him outside.

    I thought they were being unfair. I mean, I was old enough to not hurt him! I was a good friend! I could never forgive my parents for that. They made me sad, because I can no longer play with my best friend. Bernard wasn’t happy with that either. He kept frowning at me through my bedroom window. But I told him we would get through it.

    I started staying in more so I could play with Bernard, so he would be happy. I didn’t play with my friends anymore and rarely left the house. My parents thought I was crazy. When they asked why I wouldn’t leave, I told them I wanted to play with Bernard since they wouldn’t let me bring him outside anymore. They glanced at each other. After bed they told me to go to sleep and let Bernard rest on his own. I agreed. I was a fool.

     I woke up when I heard some talking and thumps from Bernard’s room. I had thought someone had broke in and was there to hurt or steal Bernard. I was half right. When I peeked through the door I saw my parents arguing. They were talking about me and Bernard.

    “What are we going to do? She is too attached to him, she no longer hangs out with her friends!”

    “We have to get rid of the thing Margaret! Just throw it in the trash and say he ran away. She already thinks it can move and play with her. She’ll believe it.”

    I could not believe my own ears. My own parents wanted to get rid of my best friend! I looked over to Bernard’s sleeping figure. Looks like he was awake the whole time. I looked into his eyes and saw the same anger I felt towards my parents. I would show them! Bernard can move and play! I backed away from the door and softly padded towards my room. I closed the door and blocked my ears from the sounds of my parents screams.

    When I woke up the next morning I crept into Bernard’s room. Everything was covered with blood and lumps of meat. I looked to the right and saw Bernard smiling at me. I smiled back. They deserved it. I love Bernard. And I will continue to love him no matter what.

    Yes I loved Bernard. Bernard my big teddy bear with the cute button eyes and stitched mouth and brown fur matted with blood.


Credits to: http://baa-baa-sheep.tumblr.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets