Skip to main content

Suicide Forest


The past several months, I have been scraping up every last penny for a trip. A trip to where? A trip to where maybe I could see the world from other people’s perspectives.

Suicide Forest. Better known as, Aokigahara.

For those of you who do not know, Aokigahara, is a large forest in Japan where, you guessed it, people go to end their lives.

Now you may be questioning my sanity, asking “Why would you visit a place like that? Are you crazy?” Hah, no, I’m not. But I’ve always been more on the curious side, and work well with creativity. My mother has noticed it in me at a young age.

So, I booked the flight.

Upon arrival of entering Suicide forest, it’s a rather pleasant looking place. Bright green leaves, tall, and very well lively trees. It looked like a place of hopes and dreams. The next few steps in, spoke differently. It was as if the temperature dropped below freezing. An eerie feeling washed over me, making me feel uneasy. But I wasn’t going to go back. Not after all I had done to get here.

I took cautious step by cautious step, and after approximately half a mile of walking, I came across a skeleton.

It wasn’t as terrifying as you’d expect it to be, seeing a skeleton is person, but it more than definitely still sent a shiver down my spine. I held a steady gaze on it for a few moments, then shifted my eyes upon a movement.

A squirrel snaked up a tree, and out of sight. I let go of a breath. Little guy fucking got me. I didn’t realize I was so tense up until now. I loosen my shoulders and kept walking.

Not after too long, I came across another corpse. Not a skeleton, a corpse. I stood still, inspecting the body, taking it in from head to toe. Few strands of black hair remained in the scalp of what I assumed was a young woman. That’s what really made me pause and take in a breath. She looked so young, despite the fact she rotting right before me. I noticed something in her limp hand. A crumpled paper. Reluctantly, I snatched the paper from her stiff fingers.

For some reason, it felt very.. forbidding to mess with what the dead have left.

I un crumpled the paper, blood drumming in my ears.

The writing was jagged, and was in Japanese. I put it through google translate, the rough translation came out as this:

He will not leave me alone.
Everywhere I go, he is there, following me.
I can’t take it anymore.

The note ended there. I couldn’t help but feel solemn for the poor girl. I walked off stiffly, with this weird achy feeling in my heart. I couldn’t name it. It was weird, feeling empathy for a stranger. Stranger than ever. The next few hours, I traveled farther and farther into the forest, discovering more bodies. Bodies of the broken hearted. Bodies of those who had given up. By now, I had collected 10 suicide notes. I felt like something very forbidding was following me upon putting the notes of the dead in my pocket. I felt something.. someone, nagging me. Attacking me. I had a feeling if I stayed in here any longer I’d lose my marbles.

Maybe I wasn’t prepared to come here.

Ten minutes later, I felt the urge to rummage through my pockets, and check on the notes. I came across the first one I collected. The one written by the young Japanese girl.

Except it didn’t say what it used to.

私たちはあなたを見ている


Credits to: photofreecreepypasta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets