Skip to main content

My Great-Aunt’s Mother in-Law


    I’m having a creepy night and remembered the story my grandma told me when I was 14 years old. My friend told me to share it, so here it is.

    All women in my mother’s family have had paranormal experiences, but this one is by far the weirdest and creepiest of all. My grandma claims that it’s true.

    Her sister, my great-aunt, whom I never met because she got in an argument with my grandma and moved away before I was born, fell in love in her early twenties. The man she fell for still lived with his mother and since his father died long ago, he was the “man” in the house, took care of everything, earned the money. Therefore, his mother had gotten really attached to him. When she found out her son was just as fond of the girl he had started to go out with as the girl was of him, she was not just upset, she was raging. She told him to break up with her, said “that bitch” wasn’t good enough for him, that he deserved better than her. My grandma and her siblings grew up very poor, but they always worked hard, and even though they don’t get along anymore, my grandma always says her sister has always been a very humble and good person.

    But her boyfriend’s mother didn’t like her at all. She hated her. She tried everything to seperate the happy couple and when they got engaged, she freaked out. She threatened my great-aunt not only once, physically attacked her, too, saying that she would never find her happily ever after with her son, and that none of them would rest until she managed to make them break up.

    They got married and moved to a house together, yet the mother never stopped to harrass them.

    She got ill and died very soon. My great-aunt felt relieved, believing the death of her mother in-law would finally free her from her harrasment, but she was wrong. It only got worse.

    The night after her burial, the couple went to bed together, as usual. As they pulled the covers aside, the matress was covered in mud. There was dirt spread all over the bedsheet, pebbles, dry grass. My great-aunt started crying in shock and her husband proceeded to quietly change the sheets, acting as if nothing happened. They went to bed. Of course my great-aunt couldn’t sleep. She had a very scary, haunting suspicion as to who was responsible for the mess.

    It happened again the next night. And the night after. And the night after. My great-aunt was on the edge of insanity because she was convinced that it was her mother in-law, haunting her from hell. Her husband didn’t want to believe in it, told her she was insulting his mother. They searched for help and a friend of them helped them, telling them they should put salt in the bed to keep the bad spirits away. It worked for one or two nights, but then it all started over again.

    The couple kept arguing. What’s “funny” is that my grandma says her sister told her there was less dirt in the bed on the nights in which they had had an argument.

    After a few months only, they decided to get divorced. Not just because of the problem with the bed. They were only arguing, discussing about every little thing, they literally started to hate each other. My great-aunt was terrified and nervous, her husband was exhausted and annoyed. So they broke up, left the house, got an official divorce.

    From that day on, none of them found dirt in their beds anymore.

    As far as I know, the man remained single for the rest of his life. My great-aunt moved away and found a new family.


Credits to: unexplained-events

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets