Skip to main content

I Found A Serial Killer’s Cell Phone (Part 2)

 https://www.cnet.com/a/img/resize/cfe87bbbdf4d7fafebfdc2edeebe07e801d078d3/hub/2017/12/25/5f19a996-63f8-4edd-86bb-ff7e3e9717ee/gettyimages-769800923.jpg?auto=webp&fit=crop&height=675&width=1200 

Text Log (11/6/18) Beginning 12:13pm

BRNR3: Video Received thislilpiggy.mp4

BRNR3: Watch it.

You: Fuck

You: That was him. You did it.

BRNR3: We did it.

You: Is he dead?

BRNR3: Lol. What do you think?

You: Is he?

BRNR3: Of course.

You: Ok. So this is done? We’re done?

BRNR3: No.

BRNR3: You’ll know when we’re done.

You: Please let me just give you the phone back. You have dirt on me now, okay? I will say right here, I ASKED YOU TO KILL JIM PURVIS. YOU ONLY DID IT BECAUSE OF ME.

You: Okay? Isn’t that good enough?

BRNR3: The more you talk about not going to the cops, the more I think you will. You’re eroding that trust you just built.

You: I’m sorry.

You: Fuck. I’m just scared. I just want this to be over.

BRNR3: You’re not scared. You don’t know how to be really scared yet.

BRNR3: I am really trying to work with you on this. Give you a chance to earn my trust. But your whining is boring. If I get too bored, I’m going to give up and come see you. Understand?

You: Yes. Got it. What do you need me to do so you can fully trust me?

BRNR3: The next thing I need you to do is hurt someone. I’m not saying kill anybody. And though it should go without saying, don’t get caught. Don’t make the mistake of thinking you’ll be safe if you get arrested.

You: How bad do I have to hurt them? Like punch them or something?

BRNR3: I didn’t say it had to be physical, though it can be. Do what you think will satisfy me. You’ll either be right or wrong.

BRNR3: But whatever it is, record it with the camera on my phone. Send me the video as soon as its done.

You: Not trying to whine, but I don’t know if I can do this.

BRNR3: That’s up to you. Time to see if you value someone else’s discomfort more than your own life.

BRNR3: You have until 6pm tonight to send me the video.

BRNR3: Happy hunting. ;)


Text Log (11/6/18) Beginning 5:45pm

You: Video upload failed.

You: Video upload failed.

You: Video uploaded. done.mp4

You: There. I did it.


Text Log (11/6/18) Beginning 6:21pm

You: Did you get it? Was that okay?

BRNR3: I got it. I’ve been thinking about it. Weighing it.

You: You said it didn’t have to be physical.

BRNR3: I remember what I said.

You: Look, maybe the video doesn’t do a good job of explaining it. That car belongs to a homeless girl that lives near me.

BRNR3: A homeless person with a car?

You: Well, she lives out of her car. Been doing it at least six months. She swaps out between a few different parking spots so she gets less hassle. So busting out her windows like that, especially as cold as its getting, is going to hurt her a lot. And I did like you said. She wasn’t around, and no one saw me.

BRNR3: Hmm.

BRNR3: I think that a person’s actions tell you a great deal about what they believe. What they value. You agree?

You: Yeah, I guess so.

BRNR3: What you did was mean-spirited, I suppose. It will cause this woman some degree of discomfort.

BRNR3: Assuming that your little story is even true. You could have just vandalized some random car and then made up the part about a poor homeless girl to make it more compelling.

You: No, I swear! You can even seen all her clothes and the sleeping bag in the video! I made sure.

BRNR3: Either way, the real question is

BRNR3: Does this act represent how much you value your life? This petty act of breaking windows? This act of an unruly child?

You: You said that it didn’t have to be physical.

BRNR3: Or do you want more time to prove how much you value living? Another chance to show me that I can fully trust you? Or are you just wasting my time?

You: No.

You: No you can trust me I swear you can and Ill do better

You: Please let me have another chance. Ill do better

You: Please

You: Hello? Please


Text Log (11/6/18) Beginning 8:49pm

You: Video uploaded molly.mp4

You: Did you get it? I’ll do more. Just want to make sure you got it.

You: The little girl is named Molly. She’s the daughter of a woman I used to date. They’ve had the same dog for years. Chester. They love that fucking dog.

You: Loved. That’s why she’s screaming like that when she found him in the yard.

You: I think I understand now. I think you want to see how it hurt her more than you want to see me hurting the dog. If I’m wrong, tell me. I recorded the other too.

You: That was really hard for me. I really care for that girl and her mother. I’ve never hurt an animal before. But I want to give you what you want. I want you to trust me.

You: Please let me know if this is okay.


Text Log (11/6/18) Beginning 9:11pm

BRNR3: That’s better.

BRNR3: I noticed you shot the video where I could see it was a little girl but not what she or her house looked like. ;)

BRNR3: Her name isn’t Molly either, is it?

You: No, it is. But yeah, I don’t want you knowing who or where they are for obvious reasons.

BRNR3: Is that why you didn’t carry my phone with you like I told you? Is that why you recorded the footage on your own phone instead and then transferred it to mine before you sent it?

BRNR3: I give you some credit for thinking about me tracking my phone, but you still disobeyed my instructions.

BRNR3: If you don’t trust me, how can I trust you?

You: I’m sorry. It won’t happen again. I was just trying to keep anyone else from getting involved.

BRNR3: I wonder if ol’ Chester thinks he’s not involved. Or “Molly”.

BRNR3: How did you kill him?

You: I fed him poisoned food. Then I cut his throat after he was dead. To make sure she would scream for the video.

BRNR3: Was Chester an outside dog?

You: Yeah.

You: Well, he stayed in the backyard during the day. At night they would always let him in when they got home for a few hours. Sometimes he slept inside too.

BRNR3: How did you know when they’d find him?

You: Molly goes to her mother’s store after school. They don’t get home until after 8 most weeknights. It was tight, but I was done by the time Molly came out to get Chester tonight.

BRNR3: How long has it been since you saw “Molly” and Chester?

You: Idk. A year maybe.

BRNR3: What would you have done if Chester hadn’t been there?

You: What do you mean?

BRNR3: Well, you went there to make a second video. With poison and a knife. What if Chester had died or ran off since you had last been around? What would you have done then?

You: Idk. I’d have figured something else out.

BRNR3: I see.

BRNR3: Good enough for tonight. Sweet dreams.


Text Log (11/7/18) Beginning 6:38am

BRNR3: Video Received sleepytime.mp4

BRNR3: You’re cute when you’re asleep.

You: You were in my apt?

You: This was from last night. Why? I’m doing what you asked.

You: Why?

BRNR3: Because I need you to trust me. Before this you might have thought that I wasn’t sure who you were or where you lived. Or that I couldn’t get to you. That something other than my word was keeping me from meeting you.

BRNR3: Now you know better, don’t you?

BRNR3: Now we’re getting closer to knowing where each other stands in this.

You: Are you still in here?

BRNR3: No. I’m absolutely not watching you from your bedroom closet.

BRNR3: J/k.

You: Leaving the phone at the hospital wasn’t an accident was it.

BRNR3: ;)

You: Look, I’ll do what you want, but I just want your word that there is a way for me to get out of this. Other than you killing me, I mean.

BRNR3: There is. You don’t have to die to finish this. You have my word.

You: Thank you.

You: Do you need me to do something else today?

BRNR3: Initiative. I like that. Today I only need two simple things from you.

BRNR3: First, I need you to pick another person for me. This time it needs to be someone you don’t know.

BRNR3: Meet someone today. Get their name and take a pic of them. Send me both and also where you met them.

BRNR3: I’ll take care of the rest.

You: Ok. What’s the second thing?

BRNR3: Go into the app drawer on my phone. I want you to open up an app and familiarize yourself with it for later use.

You: Ok. What app?

BRNR3: It’s called “Polterzeitgeist! Find that ghost!”. Can’t miss it.

You: Okay. You just want me to look at it?

BRNR3: For the time being, yes. And get me your next pick by 3pm. TTFN. 

---

Credits

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets