Skip to main content

Chatroulette


From time to time I find myself killing some time on Chatroulette. It is not something I do because I extremely enjoy to, but because It's the only way I can find to socialize with people without leaving the comfort of my home. I have a roommate, a really cool guy, But unfortunately his mom is very sick, so he's visiting his family for the next couple months.

One day, after getting back home, I sat down on my bed and opened up my laptop so I could browse the web a little. Didn't take long until I was, once again, on Chatroulette trying to filter all those pervs so I could have a decent conversation with someone. That's when this girl appeared on my screen. She looked like she was crying, but she had her hand on her mouth, trying to keep herself from making any noise. I was about to skip her, I imagined I was about to be pranked and end up on some youtube video, but she started typing. -Please, please help

I asked her what was happening. She quickly replied that she needed me to call 911 for her, she had entered her house to find that someone had broken in. She slowly backed away and hid inside her closet. She tried calling 911 herself but her phone was dead, so she grabbed her laptop, which was in her backpack and the first page that opened was from Chatroulette and I was the person that she connected to. I didn't know what to do, I could be the victim of a prank, but what if this girl really needed my help? I decided to call 911, but before anything I asked her for her name and address. She said her Name was Linda, while she was typing her address I was already unlocking my phone so I could call 911, and then, she pressed enter. My eyes started watering. the address she had sent me was MY address.

I felt a chill running down my spine, I felt weak and accidentally dropped my phone. Words cannot describe what I felt when the sound of my phone smashing against the floor, came from the speakers of my laptop. I just stood there, looking at her. She was begging for me to call them. About 2 or 3 minutes later I decided I had to do something about this. I moved towards my closet, carrying my laptop on my hand. When I opened it, nothing was there, but the girl was still on the webcam, crying. I went to my roommate's room. I could hear my footsteps coming from the laptop. I decided this was it, I ran straight to it and opened it in one quick move. A scream came from inside the closet. I kept my eyes on the girl at all times, but when I opened the door a glare blocked the view and she disconnected. There was nothing inside the closet.

I ran out of there in the same instant.I ran as far as I could. I felt like there was something chasing me. I kept hearing that same scream on my head over and over, I was getting fatigued but I couldn't stop.... I wouldn't stop


---
via: reddit.com/r/nosleep

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets