Skip to main content

911, What's Your Emergency?


“911, what is your emergency?”

“Yeah, hi, um…This is going to sound kind of strange but there’s a man stumbling around in circles in my front yard.”

“…could you repeat that, sir?”

“He looks…sick, or lost, or drunk, or something. I just woke up to get a glass of water and heard snow crunching around underneath my front window so I peeked out…I’m looking at him now, he’s about ten yards away from my window. Something’s not right.”

“What is your address, sir?”

“1617 Quarry Lane, in Pinella Pass.”

“I’m going to send a squad car your way, but that’s quite a ways out. Are you alone in your house sir?”

“Yes, I’m alone.”

“Can you confirm that all of your doors and windows are locked? Stay on the phone with me.”

“I know that my front is definitely locked, but I’ll go check my back door again really quick.



I appreciate your help, by the way, I know this is kind of strange but I really hope that –“



“…Sir? Are you still there?”

“He’s…he’s still in the yard. But he’s…what the fuck…he’s upside down…”

“Sir? Stay on with me, what is happening?”

“He’s staring right at me…but he’s…he’s standing on his hands now. He’s perfectly still, staring straight at me. He’s doing a handstand and he’s smiling at me and not moving.”

“He’s…he’s doing a handstand, sir?”

“I…I don’t know how he…yeah, he’s facing me and standing on his hands and he’s got this huge smile and he’s perfectly still…what the FUCK…please get someone out here NOW.”

“Sir I need you to remain calm. I’ve put out the call and an officer is on his way.”

“His teeth are so huge…what the fuck, please help me…”

“Sir I want you to try and keep an eye on him but make sure your back door is locked again. We need to make sure all possible access points are secured. Can you talk me through and confirm that your back door is locked?”

“Okay…I’m walking backwards now and keeping him in my sight…

My hand is on the back doorknob now…it’s locked. I need to check the deadbolt so I’m going to take my eyes off of him for a split second.”

“Alright sir. Help is on the way. Just stay on the phone with me, everything’s going to be alright.

Sir?



…Sir? Are you still there?”

“He’s…his face. It’s up against the glass.”

“Sir, I need you to speak up. What is happening?”

“I looked away for a split second and now…his face. It’s pressed up against my front window. His teeth are huge and he’s still smiling…There’s no color in his eyes…Jesus please help me, why won’t it just fucking move…”

“Sir, I need you to go to the nearest room and lock yourself inside of it. Do you have a basement or a bedroom that you can lock yourself in?”

“He won’t stop staring…he’s going to hurt me…”

“Sir I need you to listen to me. Lock yourself somewhere safe until the officer arrives at your house. Can you hear me?”

“I…yes…yes, I’m going to lock myself in my room.”

“And you’re positive that you’re alone in your house, correct?”

“Yes, I’m alone in the house…

…wait a moment…

he’s moving. He’s shaking his head. He’s telling me no. He can hear us.

He’s telling me I’m not alone.”





“Sir? Sir are you still there? I heard a loud noise, is everything alright?




“Sir?”

****

This is very urgent, so I'll get right to it.

I pulled some strings with my colleagues in the department and I was able to obtain a copy of the police report that the officer filed in regards to the call two weeks ago. I've got to be extremely careful about covering up the officer's personal information; the investigation is ongoing and there's been some weird stuff happening. You'll see what I mean below. The police and news departments are in a frenzy trying to keep the details quiet for now, and there is a palpable feeling of uneasiness circulating around town. If my bosses find out that I'm posting this all here and I lose my job, so be it.

This is the only “official” statement being released to the public tomorrow morning:

ASHLAND POLICE DEPARTMENT ADVISES ALL HOMES AND BUSINESSES WITHIN 5 MILES OF 1617 QUARRY LANE, PINELLA PASS TO SECURE ALL DOORS AND WINDOWS BY ANY EXTRA SECURITY MEASURES AVAILABLE. EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY, A CURFEW IS IN EFFECT FOR ALL CITIZENS IN THE CITY OF ASHLAND. ALL PERSONS FOUND ON THE STREETS AFTER SUNDOWN WILL BE HELD AND QUESTIONED IN REGARDS TO SUSPICIOUS CULT ACTIVITY.

A POLICE BARRIER HAS BEEN PLACED AROUND THE PERIMETER OF THE QUARRY IN NORTHWEST ASHLAND. NO ONE IS TO ENTER THIS RESTRICTED ZONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. ANY AND ALL PERSONS FOUND ATTEMPTING TO ENTER THIS RESTRICTED ZONE WILL BE SUBDUED ON SIGHT. OFFICERS HAVE BEEN ORDERED TO USE FORCE AT THEIR OWN DISCRETION. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS.

And here is the transcript of the actual police report filed by the officer that arrived on the scene. I don't know how my friend got a copy of this. Honestly, I don't want to know.

BEGIN REPORT

Officer #[REDACTED] approached the premises of 1617 Pinella Pass at 4:37 A.M. on 09 February 2015 in response to a 911 dispatch report of a suspicious person. The officer immediately noted that there were no lights on in the house and there was no response after the officer repeatedly knocked on the door while identifying himself. Officer #[REDACTED] then noticed a series of erratic footprints and handprints in the snow leading up to the home's bay window.

Officer #[REDACTED] noted no evidence of forced entry into the home through the bay window.

Upon examining the rear of the house, Officer #[REDACTED] noted another set of footprints originating from the edge of the quarry (approximately 20 yards from the house) and leading directly towards the back of the house. The prints were spaced extraordinarily far apart, indicating that this individual was able to cover an immense amount of ground in relatively few strides.

The officer then noted a series of marks – presumed to be hand and footprints – leading directly up the aluminum siding of the house and ending immediately under an attic window on the third floor. The officer noted that the attic window appeared to have been broken into from the outside. There were no ladders or cables visible which could have assisted in the invader in reaching the third story window. [Authors Note: On the copy of the report that I have, the Sergeant of our police department circled this section and wrote in the margin: 'What the hell? Investigation and verification needed IMMEDIATELY.']

Upon completion of the officer's survey and his inability to enter the house without a lawful warrant, Officer #[REDACTED] began driving away in his squad car at approximately 4:43 A.M. As he was calling the station to report his findings, he claims to have witnessed several pale, smiling faces appear in every window of the house, each wearing an expression of what he later described as “eager and amused curiosity.”

END REPORT.

As I said, the city-issued curfews and information about the restricted zones will be announced tomorrow, but I thought I would alert everyone here first. As far as I know, the exact details of the report are being held in confidentiality because, as you can see, there are some unsettling things surrounding this entire incident.

Author's Note: As I was uploading all this information, another coworker-friend of mine from the emergency dispatch staff called me to inform me that the officer that was called to the scene has gone missing. You will definitely hear about that tomorrow if you live anywhere near the area; police units from nearby counties are being brought in to assist with the search. I say this as a dispatcher: please take these ordinances seriously and report ANY suspicious findings to the authorities. According to my friend, the officer's wife was the last person to have seen him. Apparently as he was leaving their home, he muttered something about “wanting to check out that house again.”

---
(Credit to HiggsThunder, via Reddit)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets