Skip to main content

“Today I Am Going For A Walk”




July 13, 2014 Today I am going for a walk. I think I’m going to walk down to Burger King. It’s been ages since I’ve had a Whopper. Doctor says my cholesterol is too high already, need to stick to a strict diet, but I think the walk will help counterbalance the bad stuff in the burger. Doc says I need to be more active anyway so I figure this will be a good start. I’ll cut through Memorial Park Cemetery, from there it’s a straight shot to fifth avenue where Burger King is at. I don’t really understand why they want me to write my thoughts down like this. They say it’s therapeutic or something. I can kinda understand that, it is nice to have someone to talk to.

July 14, 2014 Well I got my Whopper. It wasn’t what I remembered, but nothing is like I remember anymore. Pattie was too thin and they put WAY to much mayo on. Oh well, it is what it is. On my walk though, when I was cutting through the cemetery, I noticed that a new grave had been put in. Whenever I see a new grave I like to go over, pay my respects. Usually they are older men or women, passed away quietly in a nursing home or the like. This one was different though, she was so young. On her gravestone was a picture. She was jaw droppingly stunning. Tight curls of brown hair, a small amount of freckles on her nose, and a smile to die for. She was wearing a blue dress and the corsage on her wrist suggested the photo was from her prom. The inscription read:

Elizabeth Maree Collins May 25, 1996 - June 4, 2014 "We are all capable of beauty."

We are all capable of beauty. Something struck me about those words in a way I can’t quite explain. I think I am going to visit Elizabeth again today.

July 15, 2014 When I got home from the Cemetery today I did an internet search for Elizabeth. Turns out she was killed in a drunk driving accident. Hers was the only vehicle involved. Wrapped her car around a tree up near Devil’s Dip. She had a BAC of .46. Her death was officially ruled accidental, but the CHP officer who arrived on the scene first felt that the speed at which her car impacted the tree was far too high to be considered an accident.

I don’t care if it was an accident or not. It brought Liz into my life and for that I will be forever grateful.

July 25, 2014 I’m sorry for not writing in the past week or so, but when you have someone to talk to, to tell all of your deepest secrets to, it seems a bit redundant to write those same thoughts down, doesn’t it? This week has been a whirlwind. I spend all my free time with Lizzy. I eat all my meals with her, I watch the sunrise with her. Don’t tell anyone, but a couple nights ago I spent my first night with her. I snuck into the cemetery after hours, spread a sleeping bag out on the grass and I slept. It was the best nights sleep I can remember having.

The other day I went to purchase the plot right next to Lizzie’s. Apparently it already belonged to her parents, but that didn’t bother me much. I bought the plot catty-corner to hers instead. I can’t imagine anything greater than spending eternity near the love of your life.

July 28, 2014 Today there was someone else visiting Liz. He was a big meat head of a man, spiky blonde hair and a letterman jacket on. I confronted him, asked he in what he thought he was doing here. Can you believe it, he had the gall to yell at me. Made up some story about how he had been in love with Elizabeth. Macho tough guy felt like a big man, roughing up an old man. Broke my nose and everything. I don’t have to take this. No, I certainly do not. I will show her who truly loves her.

July 31, 2014 There is blood on my hands.

August 2, 2014 It’s time. Bought a 24 pack of Bud and a 1.75 litre bottle of Vodka. I haven’t drank in so long, don’t really know how much it takes to get me drunk, but this should do the trick. I’m so close Elizabeth. It’s almost time. I’m going to reach my full potential for beauty like you want me to, like you did.

August 3, 2014 Today I am going for a drive.


Credits to: Brunswick_Caper

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets