Skip to main content

This Is Why I Hate Clowns



I could never understand how anyone could like clowns. Their ugly white painted faces are scary to look at and they act happy non-stop with their big shoes and squeaking red noses. Stupid high pitched silly voices. I swear if there was one thing on this earth that I can eliminate clowns would be definitely it. And of course, a clown is exactly what my daughter wants at her party. I told her it was going to scare her and make her cry but she didn’t care. She wanted balloon animals and silliness. I love the kid but she takes after her mother a little too much.

You walk into her room and there are clown dolls, statues, figurines, and other clown junk. I never thought I would need to give myself a motivational pep talk to walk into my child’s room. I’ve thought about playing that “It” movie for her and then sending Stephen King a thank you note. Maybe he’s actually the reason I hate clowns. Who knows? They just make me so damned uncomfortable. Maybe Killer Clowns from Outer Space would change her tone?

The problem with hiring a clown is that you need to pay them for their services. Why the Hell would I pay some idiot to act like an idiot and make me look like an idiot for paying him for his idiocy? I’ll say idiot one more time for good measure. We don’t have the money to pay for the damned clown so my wife gets the brilliant idea for me to dress up like a clown and make the day special. Daddy the Clown is what I would be called from now on. Sticking pencils into my eyeballs would be better.

My daughter’s birthday finally arrives and I’m sitting in the office staring down at the computer clock. The Bozo the Clown outfit sits on my desk right along with a make-up kit. Budget Bozo coming right up! Maybe if I pull the make-up job right I can at least get away with looking like the Joker. He’s a scary clown but for a different reason. That’s a clown that commands power. As I’m about to slip into the costume, the telephone rings and I pick it up. It’s my wife.

She tells me the clown I hired was amazing and that she couldn’t believe I would shell out the money for it. I tell her I didn’t hire any clown. In the background, I hear children laughing and an annoyingly loud pitched voice. It’s laughing like a maniac. I want to kill it. There’s a cold chill in my heart as I hear screams. Are the screams of happiness or terror? I can’t tell. My wife couldn’t stop laughing when I tried to speak to her. She laughed until it sounded like she was crying in pain. She struggled to breath and the line was quiet except for rasping for air and the chuckles of a clown…..


Credits to: Human_Gravy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets