Skip to main content

I’ll Kill You For This


The man I killed was my cousin.

I didn’t really want to, but it had to be done. It was just business. You can’t be a part of our family and be a rat. He had to go. So I stopped by his house the other day and when he opened his door I shot him in the chest three times with my .22.

I did feel bad about it though, I mean I grew up with the guy, so I knelt down while he was still gasping for air and I told him how sorry I was and that I loved him. He grabbed me by the shirt and pulled me in closer to him. The last words he said to me, before his eyes stared blankly through the ceiling of his house and he made that gurgling sound, was “I’ll kill you for this.”

Now he’s dead, so how’s he going to do that, right? But some real weird stuff has been going on since I killed him. The night I did it, on my drive home, a semi truck coming in the opposite direction starts veering into my lane. I was able to swerve out of the way but I went off road and just missed smashing into a telephone pole by about an inch.

The next day we had some kind of tropical storm and I’m sitting down watching T.V. when my wife called me into the other room to help her move something. I only took a few steps away from my seat, when a huge branch broke off a tree and crashes right through the ceiling and right on the chair I was sitting in. It scared the hell out of me. If i was still sitting there I’d be dead, no doubt about it.

The next day we spent at my brothers house, since ours was all bashed up. I boiled some water to make some spaghetti, and I swear, I know, I turned off the stove. When we were eating, my sister in-law said she smelled gas. I looked over at the stove top and sure enough, the dial was turned but the flame was out. This stuff was really starting to freak me out.

We had the viewing for my cousin yesterday and I’ve never felt to paranoid in my life. Nothing bad actually happened, there was just this weird aura around the place.

So today’s the funeral, and for some reason I feel much better. I don’t know why but for the first time since I whacked him, I feel kind of at peace. I shaved, fastened my tie on, tied my shoelaces tight, threw my suit coat on, and was was off to the funeral. I’m one of the pallbearers so, I take my place in the front left of the casket and we start carrying it down the church isle.

Now I swear to you, I know, I tied my shoelaces tight. Tight! But as were walking, one comes untied and I trip over it. Like an idiot, I tried to hold on to the casket to keep my balance, but instead I fall to the ground and I pull the full weight of it right down on my head.


Credits to: Sage (short-horror-hits.tumblr.com)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets