Skip to main content

I Love My Job


I've always had a strange obsession for coffee. I'm not sure why, but I think it's the warm feeling of the hot liquid going down my throat, and into my stomach. I think it's the fact that it warms me to the bone. Moving on, however...

I sat at the table, drinking my cup of coffee. God, I love my job, I thought to myself, with a grin on my face and with a cup of coffee in my right hand.

I glanced across the table to my friend. "If you're not gonna drink your coffee, then why did you ask me to make some...?" He kept silent, a blank look in his eye as he stared at me. I shrugged, "More for me."

I reached across the table, and slid the mug of coffee in front of me. I took one more, long sip of my own cup, finishing it off in one large gulp.

I returned to the paper in front of me, sketching a few things while moving on to the cup I had taken from him. I yawned deeply into my left sleeve, pausing my writing for only that. I frowned, when I looked back up to my friend. David was his name, from what I recall.

I glanced over to the TV in the kitchen, listening to the news anchor with 'Breaking News'. "This just in, yet another body has been found." I frowned. "The body was found late last night, flowing down the 'Little River'. It had multiple lacerations, and had the word Fear, with the number three replacing the 'E', carved into its stomach. Police are yet to let out any further information. This has been Action News, reporting to you live."

I sighed after the news cast ended, looking over to David a bit tiredly. "It appears they've found my work, David. Now it's only a matter of time until they find you...." I got up, and walked over to the lifeless, pale body. It had a smooth laceration, nearly surgical, along the throat area, severing the carotid artery.

I peeled his shirt off his body, while sliding out a butcher knife from one of the nearby drawers. I then slid my gas mask on. I brought the knife upon his stomach, beginning to carve 'TH3' into his stomach. His warm blood splattered along my shirt, as I severed multiple veins.

My gloves had blood painted on them when I stabbed the bloody butcher knife into the wood table, letting it stick. I adjusted my mask with my gloved hand, and made my way out the back door. I sprint into the woods behind his house, while reaching for my cell phone. I dialed 9-1-1, having just thought of a marvelous plan.

"9-1-1, what's your emergency?" I responded in my tired voice, "Yes, I'd like to report a murder?" "Okay, where has this 'murder' taken place, sir?" "Well, where would be the fun in that?" I turned around and whipped the phone towards the house. I wasn't far, so it only hit the grass in the backyard, when I turned around and ran off through the trees.

The next day I drove by the house. The cops were still there, examining the crime scene further, for who-knows-what-reason. They'd be looking for me now, but that would just add onto the fun of this all... God I love my job, I thought to my self, as I drove off towards the highway, to get out of this place- for now.

---

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets