Skip to main content

Creepypasta: Cries of Help

https://www.lionsroar.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Fear.png

Despite my mediocre results, I was very lucky to have secured an internship position at a local banking firm upon graduation from college. I was assigned to the marketing team, which was okay, as marketing and advertising had always been a prime interest of mine.

The only downside was the notorious reputation the company building had for being one of the most haunted places in town. Having being build above a burial ground, there were endless stories of apparitions, ghosts, and the like, parading the corridors of the building. Now I’ve always had a healthy skepticism for the supernatural, so this didn’t bother me one bit. However I must admit that it was rather unnerving at times, especially during over-time when most of the other staff had already gone home.

The strange noises first happened during my second week of work. I was in the pantry, enjoying a hard-earned coffee break when I became aware of a low murmur all around me. It wasn’t loud enough for me to make out any words, but it was loud enough to be picked up on. Confused, I had stuck my head out of the pantry to check if it was coming from the outside. It wasn’t. Dismissing the issue as a trick of my exhausted and stressed out mind, I finished up my coffee and quickly returned back to work.

The next incident happened a couple of days after that in the middle of a team meeting. The team-leader, also my direct boss, had been discussing on our latest marketing proposal when I heard the low drone of voices again. It wasn’t as soft as the last time, and I could vaguely pick out words such as ‘help’ and ‘save’.

'Are you hearing this?' I turned to my co-worker sitting beside me.

'I'm trying not to.' He groaned and nodded towards the team-leader. 'This is hella boring.'

Irritated, I tried to concentrate on the meeting rather than on the voices, which seemed to gradually become more frantic and panicky as I continued to ignore it.

These incidents began to occur more and more frequently, and the voices started to grow louder and louder. By now, I could make out most of the words.

'help me…' '…save me…' 'trapped…' 'need help…' '….get us out…' ‘come…’

It’s driving me insane.

I tried playing loud music on my headphones in an effort to drown out the noise, but it just increased in volume and it seemed as though the voices were coming from inside my headphones too.

I couldn’t tell anyone about the voices- I couldn’t risk getting fired, none of the other firms would accept me in and what would I be then? Broke, homeless, with a bunch of noisy ghouls hounding me.

No, I have to tough it out. My internship would be ending in a couple of months, and after that, I would be free.

It’s getting to me, though. It’s beginning to become very difficult to concentrate at my work.

I now begin to see shapes. Dark shapes, lurking in the corners of my office, reaching out to me. I can see no facial features apart from their mouths, drooping down the corners of their heads as they moan for help.

It’s so loud. So loud so loud so loud I can’t take it.

I see their tendrils. Long, spindly, branch-like tendrils, curling and looping towards me.

I can’t move.

The moans are getting louder.

I can feel myself losing consciousness. My view is growing dimmer.

It’s so dark. Too dark.

I don’t understand what’s happening.

-

When I wake up I realize I am no longer in my seat. I can still see the office, though. I’m still in the office.

Only now, I am one of Them.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets