Skip to main content

Nightly Terror

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--OM9ye4oG--/c_fill,fl_progressive,g_north,h_358,q_80,w_636/xplebtbp88yakdcah7kv.jpg

I lay in bed in my dark, pitch black room again facing a wall trying to sleep. I realize that I can’t fall asleep no matter the wait, so I start to observe things.

I realise that it’s so dark that I can’t tell whether my eyes are open or closed, aside from the feeling of my eyelids moving. I can’t see any outlines as I slowly turn my head around, I can’t even see my hand that is 6 inches in front of my face.

I start to play with my hand by moving it side to side, closer and farther from my face, blowing at it and realizing… What if there is another hand there instead of mine? I’d never be able to tell due to the lack of any light into room. More thoughts start to pop up.

I start to freak out and my mind enhances all the little itches you get when trying to sleep, making me think there’s someone or something touching me that I’m not able to see. I lay frozen, facing the wall again, unable to move no matter how much I try.

I start to imagine a hand just in front of my face… and grabbing my face.

Freaking out by violently jerking out of bed falling on the ground, I crawl on the floor and awakened my brother, whom I share a bedroom with.

“What the hell is wrong with you?!” He exclaims, while I stay there looking at my bed, panting and trying to catch my breath from what felt like a heart attack from the fright.

Soon after that thought ended, I feel as if there is a presence in front of my face. My heart starts to race faster and faster the more I feel the presence getting slowly and slowly closer, lingering to reach my face as in my thoughts. I panic realizing that I can’t move. I blow just a little to see if any wind would hit me back, letting me know if it was close to me.

It grabs my face. The hand from my thoughts covers my entire face as I’m unable to make a sound I start to have a heart attack in my bed.

I had been so caught up in my own head of what could happen in the darkest of dark and what lays there dormant waiting for the right time, that I had forgotten to realize it was my own hand grabbing my face and reenacting my thoughts.


Credits to: http://bigcaramel246.tumblr.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets