Skip to main content

Sleep Paralysis


Many of you probably know what sleep paralysis is, and if you have ever experienced it you know how terrifying it can be. But for you folks who don’t know what sleep paralysis is I shall tell you in a vague way.

Sleep paralysis is closely linked to lucid dreaming, but instead of a dream its actually happening. It is when your mind wakes up, but your body is still asleep, therefore causing you to feel paralyzed, as you cannot move anything due to it not being awake. Now that is sorta creepy on its own, but what makes it even worse, is when this happens, you tend to hallucinate both visually and auditory. On very rare occasions people get something funny like a group of penguins stumbling upon each other (just a random example), but almost every time what you hallucinate is terrifying. People often refer it to a very bad trip on some form of Hallucinogenic or Psychedelic. So if you have ever experienced that you can sorta relate.

Now to my story…

If I remember correctly I was around 11 years old when this happened, and i had just gotten a room to myself for the first time after sharing with my older brother for the longest time. I was never really scared of the dark, but like any other kid I did get nervous or creeped out sometimes. Now on one of my first nights, I went to bed promptly finishing my nightly routine and all was normal.

Now a little back-story. I used to have this one nightmare very often when I as younger. I wont go into so much detail, but basically it was me having to get something inside tis building, but there was always this devilish looking creature in there and it would chase after me.

So on this night I had this nightmare and I jolted awake, yet I didn’t really wake up. I had entered sleep paralysis. No at first I didn’t know I couldn’t move because I didn’t really try I just woke up and had this weird eerie feeling like something was watching me. As I examined my room something caught my eye. In the corner of my room, I saw a black figure standing there. Now having it be a new room and all I had no decorations or anything that could’ve been mistaken as a person standing there.

Completely convince that what I was seeing was a person, I called out “Anthony?” (Brothers name) but got no reply, “Anthony? Is that you” “Dude come on stop messing with me.” Nothing, no movement, no sound, nothing. A few minutes went buy and I could do noting but stare at this…. thing. All of a sudden a huge pressure came over my chest, as if someone was pushing down on it, as I tried to reach and pull my blankets off and sit up, I realized that I couldn’t move. No matter how hard I tried I could not move, and then I started to have a panic attack, breathing heavily, as this black shadow starred at me, I could do nothing but wait.

After about ten minutes of trying to spit out words to call for someone, and to move just an inch, the black figure fell, completely disappeared, and the white wall that rest behind it became slightly visible with the very little moonlight. It was over I thought to myself. A breath of relief, and a calming of my heartbeat, it was over… or so I thought. Thinking I could move once more I tried to pull the covers of and go and get a drink of water, but that was still not possible. This wasn’t over. I examined my room for the dark figure but it wasn’t there. I was so confused. But then the heavy pressure on my chest came again and as I lost my breath I felt as if a hand was crawling up my leg. I’m not sure if that’s what it was but I new something was touching my leg, stopping at my kneecap.

This next part is something I still have nightmares to this day. I felt the cold “hand” hover over my knee and all of a sudden…1 finger…. 2 fingers…. 3 fingers rolled across my knee not softly, but so hard I could feel it through my entire leg. This must of shocked my body because once I felt this my body jolted out of bed and I jumped so high and got the fuck out of there as quickly as possible.

I haven’t had an experience like this before, and I pray to God that I don’t, because it was the most terrifying thing, that has ever happened to me. For those trying to Lucid Dream, make sure you know what you are doing, and that the method you are using is safe. I know of a few methods that cause sleep paralysis, and let me tell you, it’s not something you ever want to encounter.


Credits to: photofreecreepypasta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets