Skip to main content

Paralyzed (A True Story)




Author’s note: This is a true story based on a recent encounter with sleep paralysis.
You can find other Creepypastas and stories on this Facebook page that my friends and I manage.
-

Last thing I remember was going to sleep late at night, around 12:30 AM. Last Saturday in winter break. I’ve been trying to lucid dream for the past few days. At night I’d try to keep my consciousness by saying in my mind “I will have a lucid dream,” or “aware.” Sometimes I’d count my breaths. I always started feeling tingling all over my body sometime afterwards, and it became hard to move. I don’t think that was sleep paralysis, though, because it wasn’t that I couldn’t move, it was that I was determined not to move so that I could carry my consciousness into the dream world.

Well, I woke up early this morning. Around 8 AM or 9 AM this morning. Kinda strange since I, being a lazy teen, usually wake up by the time most families would be eating lunch.

Alright, so I tried to flip around to check what time it is. I couldn’t. But here’s the thing…I couldn’t open my eyes either. I could feel my heart leaping. There was a buzzing or static or crumpling sound or whatever in my ears. Both of them. I couldn’t feel. It was as if all my limbs were dismembered and all that was left were my ears and my heart, still pounding as if I saw a ghost.

Well, I didn’t exactly see a ghost… more like felt it… Besides my heart thumping and ear crumpling, I felt another thing. I felt something touch my side. It was so real. But there was no warmth. Only a phantom touch. The touch shook me up as if I came back from Earth after a lifetime in a Nazi labor camp. My heart thumped louder than ever. It was cold. A cold phantom touch to my side.

I eventually got control of my eyes after endless, desperate attempts to move. I couldn’t exactly open it all the way, more like a third. I could see only out of my right eye. I was looking at a wall.

Now how should I define see? I didn’t really “see” clearly. The top half of my vision was just a blur and it was kinda weird. The bottom was also blurry, but clear enough for you to get an idea of what you’re looking at.

Heart, ears, side, eyes. All that I could feel.

And then another phantom touch. On my neck this time. It was just like before. Cold. The touch felt as if the hand was weathered. It was like the hand of a man who died being tortured. And like the hand that was on my side, the touch remained on my neck… as if something was holding my down.

I fought so hard to move. You have no idea how desperate I was. I was desperate beyond desperate. I was scared beyond scared. It was like an angry soul was about to take my body.

I eventually got control of my fingers. It was like my fingers were lodged between 2 extremely heavy books and I was trying to move them.

And then it all stopped. Everything. All the phantom touches. The sound in my ear. My vision went back to normal.

I quickly flipped around to see if I could move. I could. I saw my sister playing on her Samsung phone, and I saw my alarm clock. It was around 9 AM.

My heart still thumped. I lay back to sleep. But within only a few minutes I had lost my ability to move again. My eyes were shut. And all that was left with a thumping heart and a phantom hand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish Come True (A Short Story)

I woke up with a start when I found myself in a very unfamiliar place. The bed I was lying on was grand—an English-quilting blanket and 2 soft pillows with flowery laces. The whole place was fit for a king! Suddenly the door opened and there stood my dream prince: Katsuya Kimura! I gasped in astonishment for he was actually a cartoon character. I did not know that he really exist. “Wake up, dear,” he said and pulled off the blanket and handed it to a woman who looked like the maid. “You will be late for work.” “Work?” I asked. “Yes! Work! Have you forgotten your own comic workhouse, baby dear?” Comic workhouse?! I…I have became a cartoonist? That was my wildest dreams! Being a cartoonist! I undressed and changed into my beige T-shirt and black trousers at once and hurriedly finished my breakfast. Katsuya drove me to the workhouse. My, my, was it big! I’ve never seen a bigger place than this! Katsuya kissed me and said, “See you at four, OK, baby?” I blushed scarlet. I always wan

Hans and Hilda

Once upon a time there was an old miller who had two children who were twins. The boy-twin was named Hans, and he was very greedy. The girl-twin was named Hilda, and she was very lazy. Hans and Hilda had no mother, because she died whilst giving birth to their third sibling, named Engel, who had been sent away to live wtih the gypsies. Hans and Hilda were never allowed out of the mill, even when the miller went away to the market. One day, Hans was especially greedy and Hilda was especially lazy, and the old miller wept with anger as he locked them in the cellar, to teach them to be good. "Let us try to escape and live with the gypsies," said Hans, and Hilda agreed. While they were looking for a way out, a Big Brown Rat came out from behind the log pile. "I will help you escape and show you the way to the gypsies' campl," said the Big Brown Rat, "if you bring me all your father's grain." So Hans and Hilda waited until their father let them out,

I Was A Lab Assistant of Sorts (Part 3)

Hey everyone. I know it's been a minute, but I figured I would bring you up to speed on everything that happened. So, needless to say, I got out, but the story of how it happened was wild. So there we were, me and the little potato dude, just waiting for the security dude to call us back when the little guy got chatty again. “Do you think he can get us out?” he asked, not seeming sure. “I mean, if anyone can get us out it would be him, right?” “What do you base this on?” I had to think about that for a minute before answering, “Well, he's security. It's their job to protect people, right? If anyone should be able to get us out, it should be them.” It was the little dude's turn to think, something he did by slowly breathing in and out as his body puffed up and then shrank again. “I will have to trust in your experience on this matter. The only thing I know about security is that they give people tickets